Tractoring on the World's Largest Sandbar

/ Tractoring on the World's Largest Sandbar #1  

hydroholic

Tractor
John Deere 401-C
Hi All,
Yeah, catchy title, and meant so. I'm a retired electronic tech (Jan 2004) and love working my new-old toy tractor. It's a John Deere 401-C 1976?? diesel, used model I bought at a local college auction, 4.7k what a deal.

It's a CAT 3 and came 'bare-backed', i.e. no attachments but I changed that. It now sports a bush hog, industrial cultivator, 2 box blades, spreader, agar with 4 bits, and a 3 point backhoe. (the backhoe was a junk yard Bradco wallowing in mud and weeds for years, i.e. scrap and that's how it was purchased) Well, much work and 2.5k sand dollars later it now serves me very well.

Presently I trying to adapt a grappling hook arrangement to my bucket with an auxiliary hydraulic controller valve and so far NO JOY. I guess hydraulics don't work like electronic circuits, you just can't hook them in series or parallel without "some modifications", time will tell.

Well that's it for the moment, I did reply to an old post to 'Farmerford' for his opinion regarding my problem and do look forward to jumping right in there with the rest of you. Thanks for bearing with me in this intro.

Hydroholic (yeah, goofy name)
PS Any problem posting pictures of our toys or repair stories?

/ Tractoring on the World's Largest Sandbar #2  
Welcome to TractorByNet. We love pictures of your tractor.

/ Tractoring on the World's Largest Sandbar #3  
:welcome:

/ Tractoring on the World's Largest Sandbar
Thanks guys, I'll get up a collage of before and after pics and post them.

/ Tractoring on the World's Largest Sandbar #5  
Hi All,
Yeah, catchy title, and meant so. I'm a retired electronic tech (Jan 2004) and love working my new-old toy tractor. It's a John Deere 401-C 1976?? diesel, used model I bought at a local college auction, 4.7k what a deal.

It's a CAT 3 and came 'bare-backed', i.e. no attachments but I changed that. It now sports a bush hog, industrial cultivator, 2 box blades, spreader, agar with 4 bits, and a 3 point backhoe. (the backhoe was a junk yard Bradco wallowing in mud and weeds for years, i.e. scrap and that's how it was purchased) Well, much work and 2.5k sand dollars later it now serves me very well.

Presently I trying to adapt a grappling hook arrangement to my bucket with an auxiliary hydraulic controller valve and so far NO JOY. I guess hydraulics don't work like electronic circuits, you just can't hook them in series or parallel without "some modifications", time will tell.

Well that's it for the moment, I did reply to an old post to 'Farmerford' for his opinion regarding my problem and do look forward to jumping right in there with the rest of you. Thanks for bearing with me in this intro.

Hydroholic (yeah, goofy name)
PS Any problem posting pictures of our toys or repair stories?

To get hydraulic pressure from the loader valve you have to use the PB (Power Beyond) port...to the "IN" port on the new control valve....the PB port may need a special plug that goes inside the port before you connect a hose...you can "T" the return (Tank) into the return on the loader valve...

post your pics...

/ Tractoring on the World's Largest Sandbar
OK, now I know I'm going to have to put up some pics, they're worth a 1k words. I did notice on the bucket/loader valve set that it did say "IN" on one of the large hoses. (not sure what the other one said, the cat's sleeping on the tractor right now, it's dark)

Here's the link to a couple of photos:
Tractor Valve
copy or link as is, I'm going wheels in the well now zzzzz......

/ Tractoring on the World's Largest Sandbar #7  
Welcome. :)