My poor man's brush forks

/ My poor man's brush forks #1  

hyperrust

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40, Bobcat CT2025
I saw this idea on another thread here. I had some pressure treated 2x4's that I cut to size. The "forks" are screwed into the support piece that runs parallel to the bucket, then I use clamps to hold that to the bucket. For further support, the upright pieces of 2x4 inside the bucket are just wedged into place by pounding them with a hammer. The project was easy, dirt cheap, and the end result holds a lot of brush! I've since cut the ends of the "forks" into a v-shaped point for looks and for ease of getting them under brush piles. As long as you're careful not to hit the ground with them or pick up anything heavier than brush, they work well.

Attachments

• Image00001.jpg
    Image00001.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 535
  • Image00002.jpg
    Image00002.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 408
   / My poor man's brush forks #4  
I made a set using a back for a pallet jack. It had about 8-1" hollow tubes and was all framed in and stuck out about 3'. It was pretty sturdy and braced with angle iron and gussets and what-not. After moving one pile I was on a roll. The next pile I had too much down pressure and bent in a 30 deg. angle. That was my brain storm. Then I got some pallet forks.

/ My poor man's brush forks
I made a set using a back for a pallet jack. It had about 8-1" hollow tubes and was all framed in and stuck out about 3'. It was pretty sturdy and braced with angle iron and gussets and what-not. After moving one pile I was on a roll. The next pile I had too much down pressure and bent in a 30 deg. angle. That was my brain storm. Then I got some pallet forks.

When I used them I just manually loaded brush onto them. I'm sure these wouldn't last long if I tried to load brush by digging under it. Maybe having them break will be the stimulus I need to shell out $$$ for real forks. :)

/ My poor man's brush forks #6  
What ever it takes. ;)

Another note, you have any problems keeping bales on your bale spear ?

/ My poor man's brush forks
What ever it takes. ;)

Another note, you have any problems keeping bales on your bale spear ?

Haha, nope. I'm not sure why it's adjusted point down like that in this picture. It's rare for the bale spear to even be on the tractor; I typically keep my box blade on it.

/ My poor man's brush forks #9  
I made something like that, but like you said, I tried to pick up brush with them and they broke. :(

/ My poor man's brush forks #10  
I saw this idea on another thread here. I had some pressure treated 2x4's that I cut to size. The "forks" are screwed into the support piece that runs parallel to the bucket, then I use clamps to hold that to the bucket. For further support, the upright pieces of 2x4 inside the bucket are just wedged into place by pounding them with a hammer. The project was easy, dirt cheap, and the end result holds a lot of brush! I've since cut the ends of the "forks" into a v-shaped point for looks and for ease of getting them under brush piles. As long as you're careful not to hit the ground with them or pick up anything heavier than brush, they work well.

Love it , I haul a lot of brush and this is a good solution. I have clamp on forks but I want something
with more capacity . I do think I will add a middle fork for short pieces. Also I would like to come up with a way to apply downward presure with out having to just hammer the 2X4 's inside the bucket. But if I can't I will just use that method. Thanks for the post