PZ TEDDERS

/ PZ TEDDERS #1  

AndyL52

Bronze Member
Tractor
John Deere
I'm looking at 2 (4 basket) Tedders coming up in a equipment auction next week.

1) PZ FANEX 500 sr# GV0001529 Red in color.

2) PZ sr# GV0003641 Yellow in color.

The red seems in better shape. Just wondering if anyone knows anything about them. Durability and value wise.
Which one is the newer model.

/ PZ TEDDERS #2  
I would assume that if they are the same model, then the serial numbers would be sequential. Perhaps you could get a year from the manufacturer if it isn't listed on the device. But, for two similar 10 year old pieces of equipment (assuming the same parts availability), I would be less concerned with the year of production as the actual equipment condition.

The one comment that I have is that I've heard that most of the 4+ basket tedder rakes will ted, but they will not windrow.

/ PZ TEDDERS
I don't think their the same model. I couldn't find nothing on the yellow 1 except the sr#. I'm hoping to get the red 1 for a song, being the better looking of the two. I was trying to get a feel on the value.

/ PZ TEDDERS #4  
I'm seeing 4 basket tedders, on the low end somewhere between $1500 and $2000 or so. Then they go up from there.

It looks like much of the PZ support may be coming out of Europe. I would think the rake should take a lot of abuse, but if something was to go wrong in the middle of haying season, you might have to scramble for parts.

/ PZ TEDDERS #5  
Ok....you all got me....whats a PZ Tedder?

/ PZ TEDDERS #6  
It is a brand from Europe.

These photos are from the internet.

Foto PZ Fanex 500 #250531

250531-van-alles-pz.jpg

494878-fanex-500-pz.jpg

A tedder rake can either turn and leave the hay flat, or it can make very fluffy windrows.
However, apparently the rakes with more than 2 baskets only spread the hay, and don't windrow it.

/ PZ TEDDERS
Yep, that's the one them I'm looking at except it's pull type. I'm thinking they'll go for well under a thousand. I know the yellow one will. It's works good but has a lot of bandages.

/ PZ TEDDERS #8  
If you get them for less than $500, and they are the same, or very similar models, you might consider a parts/spare rake. Again keeping in mind that it is not windrowing.

Auctions can be funny though. Sometimes you will get stuff for a song, other times you pay dearly.

Around here, it seems to be common to cut the hay with a sickle/disk cutter. Leave it flat in the field for about 3 days. Then a single tedding windrow raking, and baling it in the afternoon.

I hadn't thought of pull vs 3pt. The pull type would likely cut the corners slightly more than the 3 pt, but for a wide rake, perhaps that isn't a bad idea, except for the first pass.

/ PZ TEDDERS
It's for teding only. I'd much rather pull type over 3pt. I just have a feeling it will go cheep. May be wrong. There's also a NH 320 and IH 47 baler. Neither look like they been used in a while. IH would be good enough for scrap iron.

/ PZ TEDDERS
Auction was today. The out come was, PZ FANEX 500 tedder, $125 good working cond. Sitrex RP5, 5 wheel rake, $65, good working cond. Bought it for the wheels. 40' stray boom, with tank and pump, $!50 needs a lil work. And to boot, a NH 256 rake working cond. Sold it before loading for $150.