zetor disc mower

/ zetor disc mower #1  

nc ford hay farmer

Tractor
4600 ford
Does anyone know anything about a zetor dtz 240d discmower??? Cant find but one zetor dealer in us. Im located in north carolina?

/ zetor disc mower #2  
I'm only seeing a current stock of drum mowers rather than disc mowers, although here is a manual for your mower indicating a disc mower.

Zetor ZTR 240 D ZTR 240D Disc Mowor Operators Manual | eBay

Note "ZTR" rather than "dtz".

Here is the Zetor website.
ZETOR NORTH AMERICA

And, their map indicates dealers scattered across the USA.
home-map-na.jpg

Sorry, I don't have any specifics about the mower in question.

It looks like Siloam is kind if in a hole with dealers located about 100 miles away in every direction.

McQUEEN FARM EQUIPMENT
10537 HWY 421 N
SHADY VALLEY, TN 37688

AVERY ATKINS MACHINERY
3556 SENECA TRAIL NORTH
PICKAWAY, WV 24976

AVERY ATKINS MACHINERY
3556 SENECA TRAIL NORTH
PICKAWAY, WV 24976

P & P FARM MACHINERY INC.
28601 US HWY 58
LEBANON, VA 24266

The website also lists phone numbers and e-mail addresses.

/ zetor disc mower
Thanks for that! But the ztr-dtz stuff was my fault being a typo. The mower in question is the ztr

/ zetor disc mower #4  
Do you have any photos of the mower you are looking at?

It is possible that it shares some parts with one of the other major brands. Perhaps blades?

Also, verify that it is a disk vs a drum. I'm not quite sure what the difference between the two are for use, although the disk mowers may leave the hay flatter in the field while the drum mowers may do nice low cuts, but leave the hay more piled up on top of itself.

/ zetor disc mower #5  
we have a ZTR 165 drum mower with a cutting width of 165cm, and tilt back for transport. it is a verry simple belt driven design and works real nice. there really isnt anything that can go wrong with them as their so simple. As Cliff mentioned, they do pile up the hay more than a disk mower, but this is a plus ofr us as i think that it air dries quicker this way