Should I worry???

/ Should I worry??? #1  

Jordan9682

Silver Member
Tractor
New holland 9682
image.jpgI'm thinking of buying this disc, its 33" wide and the discs aren't at a very aggressive angle. Should I worry about killing my quad? (Burning off the belt, ENGINE OVERHEATING, etc)
How heavy does this disc pull compared to a harrow? (How big of spike tooth harrow pulls about the same as the disc?)
Or will I loose traction way before then?:confused:

/ Should I worry??? #2  
Sorry but those are about useless.Use your tractor?

/ Should I worry???
Have no tractors under 100 horse
Useless how? Just don't go down?
As far as not going down, I can find a way to add weight to it

/ Should I worry??? #4  
Looks like the king cutter I have. For breaking ground it's useless even with weight added. I pulled it with my Polaris 800 and it handed it well. Transmission got very hot but I never over heated or burned out a belt. Yes it wore the belt a lot faster and was **** on nearly every part of the atv driveline. It did over heat a friends Mule 610 (400cc).

The only way I could get it to cut was to rearrange the discs and do circles.

After a couple years of struggling I gave up on the disc and using an atv for a y serious work and bought a CUT last year. I'd be happy to sell you my atv disc so I can afford a real 3pt disc.

/ Should I worry???
Got one last week. I have 140lbs of weight on and im quite happy with it(im in sand so that probably makes it alot easier going down) will break up grass after a few passes. My quad pulls it quite easy, easier than i thought it would!