Buying Advice L3400 HST-F is this 4wd?

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd? #1  

kootenai

Tractor
'07 Kubota L3400. Woods: Tiller, Back Blade, Box Blade, Backhoe
Hi Gang,

I found a low hour L3400. For the life of me (and I was a little road weary) I could not find the shifter for 2wd - 4wd. A cursory search on tractor data suggests that there is only 4wd with HST. Is this an "All time" 4 wd? Or what gives, am I blind? I have included the Model number in the photo to expedite an answer from those of you in the know......

IMG_1310.jpg

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd? #2  
I believe the Fs are 2wd with FST - full synchro tranny (manual),
the DTs are 4wd with FST,
the HSTs are 4wd.

If it's 4wd (DT), then there should be a lever, down low, to the left, just behind your left heel when you're sitting in the seat.

Down for dirt; up for asphalt.

For some reason, the Kubota website isn't showing the L3400 in the previous model listing ....

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd? #3  
Unless the HST is different, mine is on the centerhump to the left a bit and tucked under the seat almost.

And on mine, its down for asphalt (2wd) and up for dirt (4wd)

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd? #4  
Unless the HST is different, mine is on the centerhump to the left a bit and tucked under the seat almost.

And on mine, its down for asphalt (2wd) and up for dirt (4wd)

x2, its an orange t-handle on my machine.

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd?
Well OK, thanks for not coming out and saying it, but I must be blind. I searched all over for that knob. I thought, that's a mighty nice tractor to NOT have 4wd. Glad I am wrong... Now, off to solicit input as to whether it is a good deal.

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd? #6  
Well OK, thanks for not coming out and saying it, but I must be blind. I searched all over for that knob. I thought, that's a mighty nice tractor to NOT have 4wd. Glad I am wrong... Now, off to solicit input as to whether it is a good deal.

Also just look at the front axle, does it have final drive cases down low? (4wd)or is it a solid axle ? (2wd) on the right hand side upper side is fill port for oil for the axle?(4wd) Crawl under the engine, does the oil pan have a tunnel for the front driveshaft? (4wd) What do the front tires look like? Ribbed (2wd)

On the one I had, it was HST with 4wd, and had a T handle by your left heel to shift from 2wd to 4wd

James K0UA

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd? #7  

No problem. there must be a secret society that designs the 4wd enagagement controls. I dont think I have ever been on two tractors that it was the same between them! Its even worse between seperate brands!

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd?
No problem. there must be a secret society that designs the 4wd enagagement controls. I dont think I have ever been on two tractors that it was the same between them! Its even worse between seperate brands!

Found it!

I thought it was a seat adjustment, I had to have the seller take a picture and send it. DSCN2510.JPG

/ L3400 HST-F is this 4wd? #9  
IT WAS CAMOUFLAGED!!! Organge blends in with orange nicely. If you try it out, don’t engage it while you’re moving, it’s not a synchronized gear set.