Considering a X750

/ Considering a X750 #1  

Retired Iron Peddler

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC, Kubota RTV 900, JD Z655, JD 345, MM-BF
I'm seriously considering a X750 with a 54" HC auto-connect mower and a 3-point Cat I hitch and a 540 rpm rear PTO for use with a tiller. Can the 3-point hitch and rear PTO be ordered factory installed or they "dealer installed" only? My dealer info for these two options shows only as dealer installed. I'd rather have these options factory installed.

Bill

/ Considering a X750 #2  
I think if it was me, I would get a price on the X750 configured the way you want it and then price the 1026 r or it's replacement with the same configuration. You may be surprised at the difference in price. Both units are about equal in size.

/ Considering a X750
I think if it was me, I would get a price on the X750 configured the way you want it and then price the 1026 r or it's replacement with the same configuration. You may be surprised at the difference in price. Both units are about equal in size.

At the suggestion of my John Deere dealer, I've priced, looked at and driven a 1026 and a X740. The X750 has the same turning radius as my JD 345 which is perfect. The 1000-series is physically too large for mowing my yard and the turning radius is 7.5-ft. which just "kills" it for maneuverability vs. the turning radius of the X750 of 25-inches. I've also looked at and compared a BX-series Kubota which has the same 7.5-ft. turning radius. I already own a 4-wheel drive tractor with a loader and a finish mower to mow area outside my yard. Thanks for the suggestion.

BTW, I'm trading in the JD 655 Z-turn in my signature.

Bill

/ Considering a X750 #4  
Bill, my guess is that the options you want represent such a small percentage of sales that JD can't efficiently have a factory dedicated assembly area. The optional items may not even be built in the same factory; possibly built by a 3rd party for JD. I would think the dealers in your area have big enough shops to do a great job of installation, and their techs are JD trained on all these options. Isn't there a large JD dealership around your area with a special shop just for lawn and turf equipment? Many of the dealers have mobile service trucks just for lawn and turf equipment.

/ Considering a X750
Bill, my guess is that the options you want represent such a small percentage of sales that JD can't efficiently have a factory dedicated assembly area. The optional items may not even be built in the same factory; possibly built by a 3rd party for JD. I would think the dealers in your area have big enough shops to do a great job of installation, and their techs are JD trained on all these options. Isn't there a large JD dealership around your area with a special shop just for lawn and turf equipment? Many of the dealers have mobile service trucks just for lawn and turf equipment.

Yep, you are probably correct about the dealer installed options. I'm dealing with the large multi-store dealer you are referring to and I've known the principal owners since they opened their first original store. My prior experience with this dealer has always been excellent and it's one of the reasons I'm only dealing with their local store.

I plan to make them an offer today. :D

Bill

/ Considering a X750 #6  
I'm seriously considering a X750 with a 54" HC auto-connect mower and a 3-point Cat I hitch and a 540 rpm rear PTO for use with a tiller. Can the 3-point hitch and rear PTO be ordered factory installed or they "dealer installed" only? My dealer info for these two options shows only as dealer installed. I'd rather have these options factory installed.

Bill
bill - i hate my 54 inch deck on my gt245---texas grass and clay cake this up so bad it has to be put on lift and cleaned after each use--48" i had before worked much better------------JIm

/ Considering a X750
bill - i hate my 54 inch deck on my gt245---texas grass and clay cake this up so bad it has to be put on lift and cleaned after each use--48" i had before worked much better------------JIm

Yep, the 54" mower on my JD345 gets a lot of buildup of grass and has to be cleaned regularly in the spring/early summer when the grass is "juicy" and it packs under the deck. I live in northeast Texas with sandy soil and it's not as bad as the clay soil around the DFW area where I lived formerly.

The 54"HC mower deck on my JD655 Z-trak doesn't pack up nearly as bad and the 54"HC mower on the X750 looks very similar. I mow a total of 10 acres. What I don't mow with my JD 655 z-turn and/or JD345, I mow with my Kubota L3830 tractor and a Bush Hog 72" finish mower. I clean the under side on all my mowers regularly since I don't like the smell created in my shop from the mold and mildew that grows on the grass residue that collects under the decks.

Bill

/ Considering a X750
I plan to make them an offer today. :D

Bill

Well, it looks like we won't trade. We're at a friendly standoff and hung up on the value of my 14 year old JD345 and 54" mower trade-in with 618 hours on the clock. It's in very good condition and has been serviced regularly by the book since new with JD parts and lubricants, should easily me last another 14 years, and I'm not going to give it away. I don't really need the X750 although it would be nice to have the diesel. It gets down to how much I'm willing to pay for "nice to have". :D

Bill

/ Considering a X750 #9  
Throw some fresh bait on the hook , he'll be calling .

/ Considering a X750
Throw some fresh bait on the hook , he'll be calling .

I don't think he will unless he finds a buyer for my JD345. They don't have a JDX750 in inventory so it's "no skin off his back" to miss the sale. They have bigger fish to fry than wasting time on the smallest diesel tractor ($$) JD makes.

Bill