135 leaking utf

/ 135 leaking utf #1  

YesDeere

Veteran Member
Tractor
04/4310
Hello all. Been a while since I first posted about this tractor. I got some good info from you guys (especially The Kid) and I really appreciate it.

I am done with all the repairs for now and I am ready to deliver it back to my father(owner), and it springs a leak. The previous owner changed the fluid and had it overfull. Clean but overfull. Was planning on draining some but didn't. Now it is leaking at the weep hole in the belly. Dead center where the cotter is sticking through. I know it's not oil, so I guess I'm hoping it is blowing out a breather because its over full. Anyone seen this?

/ 135 leaking utf
I'm taking her home anyway. No time left. Spring is here. Just have to keep an eye on it.

Attachments

• image-2063794552.jpg
    image-2063794552.jpg
    734.5 KB · Views: 146
   / 135 leaking utf #3  
I'm taking her home anyway. No time left. Spring is here. Just have to keep an eye on it.

Good job. At least you know why it's leaking. Take care. -kid

/ 135 leaking utf #4  
When you say it's not oil, I assume you mean engine oil. I don't know of any breather for the transmission / differential that would be leaking in to the clutch housing. It sounds like a seal to me. Does this tractor have multi-power?

/ 135 leaking utf #5  
G'day sounds like the front gearbox seal to me or multipower piping/valving if it is clean oil you can take the inspection plate off the bottom of the bellhousing and have a look inside, no breathers in the bellhousing.

Jon

/ 135 leaking utf
I'm not sure what to say about this. I drained it to proper level and it isn't leaking now.

Runs great and the old man is very happy!!

Attachments

• image-1137713784.jpg
    image-1137713784.jpg
    509.7 KB · Views: 131
   / 135 leaking utf #7  
I'm not sure what to say about this. I drained it to proper level and it isn't leaking now.

common input shaft seal leak....

/ 135 leaking utf
Bout 2 qts over

/ 135 leaking utf #9  
I'm sure he will. Believe it or not. I made the same mistake myself when I replaced my tranny fluid. I thought the cavity was totally drained. Well obviously it doesn't. I was about a third to a half of a gallon over the mark which caused a leak on mine. I put in exactly eight gallons. One should put in around seven then start cheking and adding till the mark is met. Glad it worked out for you. -kid

/ 135 leaking utf #10  

Hope it works out for you also. As stated by the two other posters, there is nothing in that housing that would leak utf other than an input seal or the multipower oil circut if the tractor has it. You never answered the question if the tractor has multipower when asked by one of the posters. You should be able to fill that housing to the top without a leak. Do seals leak on the verticle output shaft on a bushhog? no only if they are bad. I think you have some other problems brewing and will show their ugly face down the line.