Best little hoe available?

/ Best little hoe available? #1  

jwcinpk

Veteran Member
Tractor
2009 Mahindra 3316 HST-2008 Mahindra 7010 cab - 2004 Mahindra 6000 4X4
I am in the market for a medium sized 4wd tractor with the backhoe attachment and I just wondered which one you think is best. There are so many dealers/brands to choose from. I'll use my new tractor for general hobby farm work and thought of starting a small backhoe service to do stuff like stump removal, graves, drains, footers, water lines, landscaping, etc. Here's the catch I gotta get big enough to sqaure bale hay with and small enough to get around in tight places. I was thinking Kioti DK 45 size. The money really isn't that big a deal. I want to buy the best and strongest small tractor I can.

/ Best little hoe available? #2  
I'd certainly go with the Deere. The deere equipment is not made to fit 20 different brands. The backhoes, loaders, etc. are all made specifically for the machine they are going on. In my personal opinion it makes for a nice clean fit and superior controls, work, and specifically matching the right piece of equipment with the tractor. I have the 4600 with the backhoe and I have done everything with mine and not had any problems at all. Putting the backhoe on and off takes all of five minutes to do. Easy to hook up and easy to take off.

/ Best little hoe available? #3  
Suggest you look at the Mahindra 4500. Full sized Utility tractor (yes, its much heavier than competing Deeres/CNH/Kubota), but has the guts to do anything you need to do. Bradco makes a great BH and the unit comes with a very strong FEL if you want one. 3 year warranty. Built like a tank. I have the 6000 model with the MD264 FEL. Another fella has the 6000 with the FEL and backhoe and thinks it the greatest. Great prices/great financing right now. I know I'm gonna get flamed but I grew with Fords and Deeres and Farmalls (still have a '57 230 with Fast Hitch) and the Mahindra for the buck is a beast. BobG in VA

/ Best little hoe available? #4  
Bob,

Nobody's going to flame you for stating your opinion. Everybody has different tastes and opinions about different equipment. That's what this site is all about is sharing our opinions and experinces with the equipment that we use and/or would like to buy. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Best little hoe available? #5  
<font color="blue"> The money really isn't that big a deal </font>

What a situation to be in........ /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Best little hoe available? #6  
Are you looking for a tractor for other uses as well as a backhoe, or are you looking for a dedicated TLB (Tractor/Loader/Backhoe)?

/ Best little hoe available? #7  
Good question Bird that would certainly make a BIG difference.

/ Best little hoe available? #8  
How many Hp is needed to square bale? That would be the main starting point for a tractor search.

L-48 Kubota is what I would take a look at. Nice set up for a small backhoe service. Another setup that looks good is the JD 110. That is just a start, there are alot of tractors that would fit your search.

My two cents
Gordon

/ Best little hoe available? #9  
I think you'd be real happy with the DK40 or 45, Get the Kioti BH, It comes off in minutes without a sweat.
Danny

/ Best little hoe available? #10  
If you Like a gear tractor the Kioti is a good value tractor. When I hear stump removal on a commercial basis I think Deere 110 / Kubota L48 both are much stronger in the loader backhoe department than a standard farm tractor. If you need to remove the loader then you are back to a farm tractor. The great thing about the JD or Kubota is that they are light enough to be pulled with a one ton picup possibly even a 3/4 ton.