3032e how much disc can it handle?

/ 3032e how much disc can it handle? #1  

Rackluster

Bronze Member
Wondering what you all think. I'm going to load the tires here shortly. I have a small king kutter disc but I'm looking for something heavier duty. Looking at both 3 point and pull.

What do you think would be a good disc for this (small) tractor?

/ 3032e how much disc can it handle? #2  
What kind of soil are you in ?

[my 3032e comes Saturday]

-forest creature (yes, the same one - can't get into my old account name)

/ 3032e how much disc can it handle? #3  
I would guess 5'. Certainly no more then that I wouldn't think and 4' might not be wide enough.

/ 3032e how much disc can it handle? #4  
I think that a pull type disk small enough for a 2000# 25 pto hp isn't built unless it was something similar to a JD KBA disk which are known for their limited penetration.. I think a 5 ft 3 pt if put in the ground will load it.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 174
   / 3032e how much disc can it handle? #5  
Check out our Xtreme Duty Box Frame Disc harrows. You should be able to handle the 16x16 or 16x18 just fine. They are quick hitch and iMatch compatible and the hitch is designed for Cat 1 compact tractors.

/ 3032e how much disc can it handle?
I have clay.

I currently have a 5' disc and its no chore at all to pull even with with weight added.

Like those eta discs. Will look into them.

By the way, When is eta going to make something that will spread ag lime?

/ 3032e how much disc can it handle? #7  
I think weight and tire type is going to determine how much disk you can pull.....not HP. I have owned a 790 and a 3320 and pulled a 5.5' KK tandem disk behind each. The extra weight of the 3320 makes the disc a joy to pull (even with Ind tires on the 3320 as compared to ag tires on the 790)....where the 790 would struggle. Your soil is going to be a big factor here too....but weight and traction (tire type) are also a big factor.

Do not get a bigger disk than 5.5' IMO.....if you want to get some work done.