Backhoe CK20/KB2465 Backhoe Question

/ CK20/KB2465 Backhoe Question #1  

Striker3636

Tractor
Kioti CK20
Debating the purchase of a KB2465 for my CK20. Was wondering about the lifting capacity of the backhoe for hoisting things out of the back of a pickup, for example, or for lifting rocks, etc. None of the specs seem to address this. Anyone have any idea?

/ CK20/KB2465 Backhoe Question #2  
I really can't answer your question but the information is covered in many ways. Such things as break out and different measures are availble in the owner's manual. Have been to the Kioti web site? They used to show some figures. Kioti Tractors

I would repeat this purchase if I need to.

rim

/ CK20/KB2465 Backhoe Question #3  
Debating the purchase of a KB2465 for my CK20. Was wondering about the lifting capacity of the backhoe for hoisting things out of the back of a pickup, for example, or for lifting rocks, etc. None of the specs seem to address this. Anyone have any idea?

Maybe about 400 pounds, my hoe can lift 385 from 3 feet to the ground.

/ CK20/KB2465 Backhoe Question #4  
To many variables come into play to give numbers. Certain functions have a lot more strength in certain positions than others. I could raise the dipper stick long after I ran out of strength to raise the boom and it all depend on how high you're lifting from and how out the whole thing is.

My guess would be that you can't lift much out of the bed of a pickup truck. I would guess you'd be able to lift more using a small pole attached to the loader.

/ CK20/KB2465 Backhoe Question #5  
Hello Striker!

Excellent backhoe, but not really design for lifting... The real strength is all about the curling effect of the bucket. For example, at one point, I try to lift just a couple of inches a generator set in a pick up so that we could slide a piece of plywood between the liner and the steel frame. I use a chain and the scooping force of the bucket to lift it... The hydraulic responded perfectly, but the only things that got off the ground were the front wheels! For lifting with my CK20HST there's nothing the FEL.

Phil

Attachments

• backhoe curling.jpg
    backhoe curling.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 843
   / CK20/KB2465 Backhoe Question #6  
I agree with others here, too much variables to determine lifting force. Depending on the reach, it could be anywhere from 100 pounds (or less) when fully extended to several hundred or even a thousand pounds. The dipper has more strength dragging too you than extending away which is what you would do if lifting. Best lifting is with the curl of the bucket which is where the most strength is. Lifting items from a PU truck would require a lot of extension to get the height needed and that would severely limit your lift capacity. I think the hoe in curl would lift 1000 pounds but with it extended out to reach whatever is in the truck bed, it is going to lift the front wheels off the ground first. I suppose you could put in a load of dirt or other ballast in the FEL to help hold it down, but again, a backhoe isn't designed for lifting a lot of weight, its designed to push down with lots of force as in digging. If you look at all the cylinders, the most force is directed at extending the cylinder. The diameter of the cylinder rod has to be deducted from the hydraulic force exerted when retracting the cylinder so if you have a 3" cylinder with a 1" rod you would have about 7 square inches of area on the cylinder for pushing down but only about 6.2 square inches picking up. On a 2200 PSI hydraulic system that would be approximately 15,500 pounds of force exerted down vs 13,600 lifting up plus you have to add in the lifting of the back hoes weight also. That equates to about 80% lift capacity vs dig capacity.
One other thing to consider is that you would need to weld on a lifting hook to the back of the bucket which would be the weak side for lifting. You could put it inside the bucket but it would mean that the chain or strap would then be resting on the bucket edge which isn't a good idea.

/ CK20/KB2465 Backhoe Question
Thanks everyone. The hoe is on order along with a hydraulic thumb. Wanted a ripper tooth too but already blew the budget.