Grain Drill

/ Grain Drill #1  

halljerry

Tractor
Kuboto
Im not sure if this is the right place but i have a question. I just picked up an old Dohn Deere Model B Grain Drill. 8' 14 X 7. Not sure what 14 X 7 means but it seems to be in good condition but the gear (cog) on the right side that is on the end of a square tube that seems to be the main drive for the other gears. I hope i havent confused anyone. Anyway, it has worn or broken teeth on it and I cant seen to find anywhere to look for this and is there a way to get that off without a complete tear down? Any ideas from the pros?

/ Grain Drill #2  
I think 14 x 7 means 14 holes (drops) on 7 inch spacing.

Try the JD dealer as I expect you may be able to get the parts and operating manual for it. Maybe try ebay too. But the JD dealer should let you point out the bad gear on his computer and order the part.

When drills where out they work poorly. If the thing has been sitting you might want to tear it down and check the bearing etc, that gear may be broken because something else is wrong. Just a suggestion.

Happy seeding :)

/ Grain Drill #4  
Yes 3vO has it correct 14 seed openings spaced 7" apart. To replace the gear in question(parts key #3 2nd photo) one has to remove the grain box end cap plus the cast iron support in 1st photo. I remember back when I worked fior a JD dealer and had to assemble those model drills. Oh for the "good ole days". The gears in the 3rd photo have a hitory of wearing out with a lot of use also.Parts key #3 H209M 18T GP DRV GEAR ON JACKSHAFT ADD 74.15 USD

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 111
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 131