Need info on Mainline lady bug

/ Need info on Mainline lady bug #1  

Ed of all trades

Elite Member
Tractor
John Deere X310, JD LA 145
Just got home with a lady bug off of craigs list, I know it is made by BCS but that is about all. It has an achme engine and two forward gears and one reverse. I am told that the clutch is missing some small parts and the carb needs work, compression is good and it started well on wd40. Any info would be welcome. Thanks Ed

/ Need info on Mainline lady bug #2  
Hey Ed,

The Ladybug was actually built by SEP. After BCS and mainline split up, Mainline started importing SEP as the "New for 1983!" Mainline machines. I have sales literature that shows this.

Unfortunately, you have an orphan. No parts availability from SEP (though I have heard they're looking for an importer).

/ Need info on Mainline lady bug #3  
Not sure if it is too late, but for your information, I sold and serviced the "lady bug" , SEP and BCS machines from 79 to 94. Your machine should have 2 speeds fwd and 2 speeds in reverse. I just purchased clutch parts, this year for my machine which has a 10hp ALN330 - tiller - sickle mower - snow thrower!! Paul Sullivan jr. of Virginia Beach has began the process of importing parts for the SEP through Barbieri in Italy. Paul's father was the CEO of Mainline of North America. Also, the Acme engine is no longer manufactured, but a direct replacement engine is available through Kohler - "Earth tools" of Kentucky has them - special manufacture!! I am and have always been involved with quality garden equipment.

/ Need info on Mainline lady bug
Thanks yes I have everything I need, Earth Tools also has parts available. They were very helpfull.

/ Need info on Mainline lady bug #5  
Good Morning does any one know where I can get new tines for Mainline Lady Bug in the UK. I have inherited a great little machine from my father who probably had it from new but it has a couple of broken tines.
Any help on parts location would be greatly appreciated

/ Need info on Mainline lady bug #6  
I own a Ladybug! You can get tines from Earth Tools . They are located in Kentucky. Any BCS dealer in your country has the older style tine for the BCS 715 will work fine. I own two BCS 715's and one 10HP Ladybug. Your Laybug was made by S.E.P. in Italy. their website which you can research is S.E.P. - Macchine per l'Agricoltura - I was a dealer for these machines for over 14 years - great machine. One other side note - the original importer's son is setting up a parts business for Mainline SEP equipment. It's Not completed yet. I use EarthTools for all my parts needs.

/ Need info on Mainline lady bug #7  
Thank you for such a quick response I have been trying different dealers all day with no luck. I will try agin tomorrow with the new info you have gratefully supplied.
Much appreciated
Regards
Nick