Aftermarket clutch kits

/ Aftermarket clutch kits #1  

Kosmo

Silver Member
Tractor
Ford/NH 1715
Well I'm going to try my hand at tearing down my NH 1715 and put in a new clutch. This is all new to me but I've got my camera to take pictures along the way. I'm way interested in using an aftermarket clutch kit over the NH for money reasons (thats also why I'm going to tackle this myself). Anyway I'd be real interested in hearing from anyone on their experience with aftermarket clutches. I've seen them for anywhere from $132 to $400 for the kit. Same components in the kit. Why the big difference in price? Any opinions? Also would be interested in any other work to include while my tractor is split. Thanks in advance.

/ Aftermarket clutch kits #3  
I'm the parts manager at a New Holland dealership. We use clutches from Hy-Capacity, A&I and TISCO as well as NH new & remanufactured clutches depending on application, availability and pricing. We had one very poor experience with a clutch from Atlantic Quality Parts despite having success with their electrical stuff.
The NH reman program has come a long ways in the last couple of years, make sure you check availability & price of NH reman if it is offered.

/ Aftermarket clutch kits
Thanks for the replies HOB and RB. Anyone else out there?