Starting a new mulching business and looking for equipment and advice

/ Starting a new mulching business and looking for equipment and advice #1  

pmarble

Tractor
none
I'm going to start a new land clearing/mulching business and am looking for experienced advice on equipment options. I understand they are numerous. May general thoughts are some size tracked bobcat with a mulching head and a medium sized excavator for stump removal and the heavy lifting.

/ Starting a new mulching business and looking for equipment and advice #2  
The land clearing forum on TBN, here: Land Clearing has over 800 threads with many hours of reading on the subject. Many guys posting already working in the same business. Happy reading!

/ Starting a new mulching business and looking for equipment and advice #3  
If you plan on starting a good productive company, you may as well go buy a dedicated machine, skidd steers are decent but you can ask anyone here that you are just buying a throw away machine. As for a medium sized trackhoe goes, you know cat makes a great machine and JD also, but dawoo ( I think it's still called that) and kamatsu make decent machines as well, I'm sure the real pros will chime in a second, but that's just my take on it....

/ Starting a new mulching business and looking for equipment and advice #4  
I'm going to start a new land clearing/mulching business and am looking for experienced advice on equipment options. I understand they are numerous. May general thoughts are some size tracked bobcat with a mulching head and a medium sized excavator for stump removal and the heavy lifting.

Starting off I would recommend going with a ctl with mulching head, that way your more versatile if your slow mulching, u have numerous attachments for ctls for different jobs. Then once u get a good cliental built up get a purpose built for larger jobs but I would keep a ctl for residential areas because they are easy transporting, walking across pavement & concrete and great in tight places. I have had several ctls before my newest machine a cat 299d xhp, an I won't recommend any other but it for mulching cat did there homework on this one great power engine bay stays clean awesome hydraulic performance.