Didn't expect that!

/ Didn't expect that! #1  

rmorey

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kioti DK40SE HST Cab, Mechron 2200
What a day. I traded my 04 CK25 HST on a new CK35 HST a month ago. For the most part, the tractor is laid out the same. The one major difference is the SSQA bucket on the FEL. I noticed that the FEL seemed to be lacking in power, relative to the older one. I called the dealer and we talked about the possible cause.

He said that nobody notices this except those who upgrade from the older style FEL, his point is the quick attach pushes the bucket out approx. 10" over the older model. The problem is that causes the lifting capability of the loader to be reduced by about 20%. including the larger bucket weight).

So, he said either learn to lift less or... he just happened to have a DK40HST in stock. We talked about cost increase over the 35 and threw in a couple of "what if's".

I ended up trading up to a DK40 HST cab with dual remotes, loaded R1's, a KB2485 backhoe (traded in my 2475) and all filters for my 50 hour change.

It's coming first of next week! :cool2:

/ Didn't expect that! #2  
Good Luck with the new tractor. One thing for sure though you meet a salesman.

/ Didn't expect that!
Good Luck with the new tractor. One thing for sure though you meet a salesman.

LOL, I'm not sure it was his sales ability, it was probably more I didn't want a tractor with a loader with a 750 lb capacity. It was pretty anemic.

/ Didn't expect that! #4  
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Now we're talking!!!!!!! He is wrong though, I noticed the lack of lifting power and I never had the older model. I can also tell you the KL401 is an absolute MONSTER compared to the KL130. I loved my CK30 and learned how to use the FEL (there is a technique to using it), but everything about the DK puts a huge grin on my face. That cab is VERY VERY nice. I've had non factory cabs before, and this one is a huge improvement. Every time I climb into it, I get the warm and fuzzies. The CK is awesome and I loved mine, but the DK is a lot more tractor, much more than I realized when I made the trade. I'm a very happy camper and I'm pretty sure you will be to. Congrats. :thumbsup:

P.S You HAVE to have the rear tires loaded. It's very hard to put enough weight on the back to compensate for what the FEL can lift. I picked up a load of paving stones out of the back of my friends truck and even with loaded R4's and a box blade on the back, I still had to put it in 4X4 because there wasn't enough weight on the back tires to get traction.

/ Didn't expect that! #5  
Sorry, just noticed the tires are loaded :thumbsup:

/ Didn't expect that!
:thumbsup::thumbsup: Now we're talking!!!!!!! He is wrong though, I noticed the lack of lifting power and I never had the older model. I can also tell you the KL401 is an absolute MONSTER compared to the KL130. I loved my CK30 and learned how to use the FEL (there is a technique to using it), but everything about the DK puts a huge grin on my face. That cab is VERY VERY nice. I've had non factory cabs before, and this one is a huge improvement. Every time I climb into it, I get the warm and fuzzies. The CK is awesome and I loved mine, but the DK is a lot more tractor, much more than I realized when I made the trade. I'm a very happy camper and I'm pretty sure you will be to. Congrats. :thumbsup:

P.S You HAVE to have the rear tires loaded. It's very hard to put enough weight on the back to compensate for what the FEL can lift. I picked up a load of paving stones out of the back of my friends truck and even with loaded R4's and a box blade on the back, I still had to put it in 4X4 because there wasn't enough weight on the back tires to get traction.

Thanks, it was a fluke really, must have caught him cash short or something because the deal he offered was less than adding the OEM cab, I couldn't consider walking away from that. :cool2: Now the tough part, waiting til it gets here!

Re rear weight, I usually have the backhoe on all summer and the blower all winter.

/ Didn't expect that! #7  
That OEM cab is nice, but expensive. I added one to my CK30 when Kioti put them on sale. The difference between it and my JDP cab from my previous tractor was night and day. The difference was night and day again moving up to the factory cab, it's soooooo much quieter, bigger and more refined.

Sounds like you have ballast under control which is good because I'm telling you, you won't believe how much more the DK will lift. It's pretty rare I'd wish this on anybody, but I hope your weekend flies by, it's going to seem like a long wait!

/ Didn't expect that! #10  
Lucky you:thumbsup: