Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today.

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #1  

Burtonbr

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota b2620, LA364 loader.custom rear remotes, THUMB bucket grapple, 60" box blade 72" landscape rake &many other toys
Found this one locally and gave $200 for it, thought that was fair. It's a 6 footer, needs a few bolts replaced and a bracket so that it will connect to my quick hitch easily. Easy fixes.
I think it will be a good tool to have around. I never had one before.

Attachments

• rake.jpg
    rake.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 212
   / Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #2  
Find a way to put guage wheels on it.... They make all the difference in the world ..

Regards,
Chris

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #3  
Awesome buy. A super handy item. I totally agree with adding gauge wheels.

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #4  
I have seen kits for gage wheels, my unwitting has nothing to attach them to so OI will have to wield some kind of bracket on it. How high off the ground should the rake tines be? Should they be on the ground? the wheels will help it not dig in? as any one made an adjustable wheel bracket?

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #5  
That's a great deal. I've been looking for one too and all the ones I've seen on Craig's list and else where we're a lot more.

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #6  
A rake is good to have. You got a great deal. I don't have one but have to borrow one when I need to. If I saw a deal like that I would snap it up in a minute.

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #7  
I agree also with the gauge wheels for grading out things. I use to use my rake without wheels to fix up the driveway but I ended up loosing more gravel than I wanted to. I have the gauge wheels on the list of fabrications to do when I fix mine up this year. For now I use the Boxblade with TNT.

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #8  
Good find by the way. $200 seems fair.

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #9  
That's a great deal. I just purchased one (6' KingKutter "pro" model) at a sales price of $399 which was the best deal around. Been trying to find one used for awhile, but they don't last very long around here.

LOL, ironically, I just finished painting mine blue (after I did some strength upgrades to it) --- yours would've saved me some time!

/ Added A rake to my Implement Arsenal today. #10  
I picked up a KK model last year and wish I'd purchased it sooner. Even without gauge wheels it's been incredibly useful for surface prep as I build new lawn and most recently redid the area where we have the raised bed garden.

Gauge wheels are on my agenda whether I buy a set $$ or make them. Time may well force spending the money unfortunately.