Carpentry stuff **not tractor related**

/ Carpentry stuff **not tractor related** #1  

J F

Elite Member
Tractor
ShovelandBarrow
I thought I'd post some of the stuff I've had on photobucket for anyone interested in carpentry/woodwork stuff...the hard work (uploading to photobucket) has been done years ago. :laughing:

There won't be any rhyme or reason to what I'm grabbing off photobucket, so sue me. :D

Photos to follow.

/ Carpentry stuff **not tractor related**
:laughing: Good god, can a mod please fix my "tracotor" spelling. Off to a great start. :thumbsup:

Ever build a fish box? :confused2:

I hadn't.

Got a call from a county/parks agency, I had quoted some (house) work for someone in the agency (work wasn't every contracted, but at least he recommended me later on).

They called and we discussed "the project". It was for teaching children about the native fish. (I don't know anything more...I build/remodel stuff :D)

Here's what it is (was) and how it went...

This was done on the cheap, $600...remember this "making a living $" I'm discussing here, so don't have a friggin' conniption. :laughing:

For the price (discussed with the "purchasing person"), I used 3/4" ply off-cuts, and some 3/4" poplar (also "sitting around").

Gettin' ready to spray some (water based) clear coat on the face frame. (I despise finishing...don't have the room...or enough knowledge, but I do it on some small projects).

A door re-finish (remember, I'm just grabbing stuff off of my photobuckit, so it is what it is, I'll post what I have...

Thanks, Bob. Just gettin' started. :D

A basement finish pic...

Yes, I would happily live in their basement, too. :D

The homeowner (wife) actually did her own painting (after we primed), which I've never dealt with before. It made me very nervous, as a contractor (didn't want to see my good work screwed up :D), but she did a phenomonal job with the painting.

Too bad she was an accountant, 'cause she could have been a helluva broke painter. Too bad knew she couldn't make money at it. :(

This is/was a desk that was part of a basement finishing project ...

The dark area you see is from "paint prep work". Once you route/tool MDF (which has a very hard surface), it opens up "fibers", which need to be dealt with, as far as a fine finish.

My preferred method is to

1) Route (tool)

2) Liberally (put lots in :D) apply some Zinsser bullseye (for internet searching) shellac.

3) Sand (180/220 grit) for paint prep./ repeat steps 1 & 2 as necessary

4) PAY PAINTER/FINISHER (I did most of the painting myself (hvlp) on this project, but I DESPISE painting, lol)

/ Carpentry stuff **not tractor related** #10  
This was done on the cheap, $600...remember this "making a living $" I'm discussing here, so don't have a friggin' conniption.

What ?, My taxes payed for this fluff ?

Just ribbing ya, ;) money well spent. Nice work.