BCS 715 Clutch is stuck

/ BCS 715 Clutch is stuck #1  

coaster

Silver Member
Tractor
BCS 715
oops - had this posted in parts/repair and thought it belonged here in the 2-wheel tractor section. Anywho, I have a 715 with a stuck clutch. I've removed the engine, but I think to remove the clutch the hex nut is on the side of the clutch versus inside the clutch/down the shaft. That hex nut appears to be stuck, but it's surrounded by a regular standard nut. Just a question: am I supposed to remove the standard nut surrounding the hex or just the hex? I just want to be sure before I go applying pressure to the wrong thing and break it. Attached are some pics for info. I think the hex bolt that I should loosen is shown in the red square in the first pic.

Attachments

• IMAG0542.jpg
    IMAG0542.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 803
  • IMAG0543.jpg
    IMAG0543.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 588
   / BCS 715 Clutch is stuck #2  
Hi ! Remove or loose the nut first and remove all ( nut and hex together) and spray loose nut in the bolt hole. The hex and nut are on the key shaft motor. Good luck Oldmech

/ BCS 715 Clutch is stuck
Thanks, Oldmech. I'll give that a try. The adapter kind of gets in the way when trying to access the nut, but I should have an extension somewhere that I can use. Thanks a bunch - much appreciated! I'll report back at some point one way or the other.

/ BCS 715 Clutch is stuck
Thanks again, Oldmech. When I got home and had the time, I loosened the nut as you suggested and the link depicted and all was good. My vise wasn't big enough, but my old buddy, Bob, has at least 3 of everything and he had a big enough vise. A couple minutes of pressure with the vise and some WD-40 and it popped. I put it all back together and life is good - running like a champ!