Loader Valve Leak MF1240

/ Loader Valve Leak MF1240 #1  

gezster

Tractor
MF 1240
I have a small hydraulic leak coming from the back of the loader valve. Its coming out around the sleeve (item 17) in the diagram. I presume its coming out of the hole for items 12 and 13 and seaping out of the sleeve. This is for the up / down control portion of the valve. Its doesn't leak while raising but does leak while lowering or when stationary.

loadervalve.png
The parts list and rest of the valve can be seen on the agcopartsbook 1246 loader - hydraulics cross valve assembly (1081221M91)

Is it likely to be Item 7 the retainer seal thats causing the problem?

Thanks

/ Loader Valve Leak MF1240 #2  
Do they show any more seals on the spool? If no then I would suspect item 7 is leaking.

/ Loader Valve Leak MF1240
Do they show any more seals on the spool? If no then I would suspect item 7 is leaking.

valve spool.png

So I got around to working on the valve today. I managed to stop the leak but didn't replace the o-ring, item 10. I took item 26 off and was the puzzled by what I saw. I couldn't figure out how to get to the o-ring. I maniupulated the spool in and out and rotated it and was able to stop the leak. While I had the joystick removed I was able to lift the front end with boom function. After the spool started leaking it would always go into bypass when I'd try to lift the front end with the boom function. Curl function lifts the front end easily. After putting the joystick back together the boom spool now goes back into bypass when I try to lift the front end. So far the leak hasn't returned but I still don't have full power to the boom. I presume if I take the joystick loose again and manipulate the spool I can again get it working.

Any suggestions? My buddy is going to stop by tomorrow and try and help me get it figured out.

edit: guess I spoke too soon the leak is back but much less than before. About 1 drip per minute vs 1 per sec.
edit fixed attachment

Last edited:
   / Loader Valve Leak MF1240 #4  
Hey . Gezster, I have the same leak problem and valve as in first diagram. Did you fix your leak and what kind of seal is no 7? What does it look like.