4400 needs lots of Repair

/ 4400 needs lots of Repair #1  

City Farmer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 3000, 4400 & 4500TLB Case 830 Case 350 dozer
I have some work ahead of me for sure on this beater tractor I picked up but I made some good progress today. The steering is completly shot on this 4400 and there are a whole lot of fluid leaks that need to be addressed but it runs great. The sun was shining this morning for the first time in a long time around here so I decided to pull the loader off. That went really good so we broke down a tire. We were on a roll so I pulled of the combination valve on the BH and we fixed a bunch of other small things. That's about it for a little while until I get my rental wrapped up in a couple more weeks. That's my little helper, the kids got more ambition than me. He had that big tire off the rim in 20 minutes flat with a hammer and a couple bars, 16.9 x 24 but he popped the tube though. I'm going to get the TLB in perfect working condition in the next few months.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    915 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    654.5 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    714.3 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    866.7 KB · Views: 63
   / 4400 needs lots of Repair #2  
Don't let him fool you. This is his right hand man when it came to today. We gave her ****. The loader was way easier than we expected. It had its hiccups but all in all it was two hours and it was off. The breakdown of the tire took longer than expected because they wanted to use a loader to break the bead even though I had it moving with the sledge and cascade dish soap. They questioned the only guy that had experience breaking down tires that big. I give this farmer credit he does a **** of a lot of research so all i have to do is the grunt work.