MF 135 stabiliser bar/chain

/ MF 135 stabiliser bar/chain #1  

mick101

Tractor
MF 178
Hi. On my 135 I am currently using a fixed length stabiliser bar on one side only from the fender bracket to the implement. It is not of much use, is difficult to put on and bends easily. I plan to change to two adjustable bars or chains from Agriline which run from the bracket below the axel to half way down the lift arm. Does any one have a recommendation as to which is better/easier to use, the adjustable bar or the chain with turnbuckle set up? Thanks.

chain.gifbar.gif

/ MF 135 stabiliser bar/chain #2  
Why do you use only one? Is the other pin broke off on the bracket on the otherside? I use two fixed bars. Never had any problems. I think your bending it because your only using one.

/ MF 135 stabiliser bar/chain
Actually there is no bracket/pin fitted on the other side. Id say there would be far less bending with two bars but at the moment I find the implement difficult to line up for mounting with just one bar.

/ MF 135 stabiliser bar/chain #4  
You should have a plate bracket bolted under each fender which has holes to fix a mounting point for each stabilizer. As another mentioned. Using only one stabilizer puts too much stress and flexing. The check chains keeps any implement from banging into the wheels but still allows quite a bit of movement. Stabilizer bars prevent that. The kit is easy to install. I've seen them on ebay at a reasonable price. The only way I've ever bent a stabilizer bar is when brush pulled a Clevis pin off and the front of the bar fell down and dug into the ground. Adding the kit is a cheap investment and will keep your attachments from dancing around in to the back. -kid

/ MF 135 stabiliser bar/chain #5  
Hi. On my 135 I am currently using a fixed length stabiliser bar on one side only from the fender bracket to the implement. It is not of much use, is difficult to put on and bends easily. I plan to change to two adjustable bars or chains from Agriline which run from the bracket below the axel to half way down the lift arm. Does any one have a recommendation as to which is better/easier to use, the adjustable bar or the chain with turnbuckle set up? Thanks.

If your implements are slightly different widths, the chain with turnbuckle is easier to change the length to fit the pins.

Actually there is no bracket/pin fitted on the other side. Id say there would be far less bending with two bars but at the moment I find the implement difficult to line up for mounting with just one bar.

Put the lift arms on the implement pins, then the top link, raise it up off the ground so it can swing sideways a little, and put the stabilizer bars on.

The pin on the bracket under the fender has to be exactly in line with the pin on the lift arm, or the stabilizer bars will bind as the implement moves up and down.

Look at the white arrows in this picture provided by The kid.
image-989798341 (Large).jpg