barn find

/ barn find #1  

allen6634

Silver Member
Tractor
600 ford
i found a 8n with a fel the guy is wanting to get rid of the fel this may need some work who would i get parts from , o yea the fel is a older model it has a trip bucket.

/ barn find #3  
Are you getting the whole tractor? Or just the loader?

Hoses should be pretty standard. They are cheapest to buy stock sizes, rather than custom lengths. Valves, hydraulic pumps, and etc should be adaptable with a variety of models. I haven't ever used a trip bucket, but perhaps hydraulics can be adapted if you wish.

/ barn find
im just buying the loader and the front mounted pump im going to put it on my 600the guy told me that the cyl are leaking so im thinking it might need some work.

/ barn find #5  
A lot of people seem to like Surplus Center for hydraulic bits and pieces, which I believe also advertises on the site. I haven't dealt with them yet myself.

If your hydraulics are single acting, you may consider an upgrade to double acting, and perhaps a hydraulic bucket. Of course, the more bits and pieces you get, the more expensive.

I would imagine local machine shops, tractor dealers, or places that specialize in hydraulics can rebuild your existing cylinders if you wish.

Here is an explanation of rebuilding. I'm not sure where to buy the seal kit, but perhaps your cylinders have a maker's mark on them which would be a place to start.

Hones?