Tractor Sizing Purchasing my First Tractor

/ Purchasing my First Tractor #1  

Master1

Tractor
None
Hey all I am purchasing a new farm 5-10 acres. I also lease 128 acres for hunting purposes. I am looking at a new John Deere 5065E open cab. It has 65 HP and a tested 58 at the PTO. I am also including a JD FEL, and a rotary cutter. What are your thoughts on a frontier rotary cutter vs a John Deere. I have heard pros and cons on the frontier equipment. I could go the JD cutter but I am punching the 5065 over the 5055 and spending the extra doe for more ponies.
I'll be doing clean up work at first and cutting pasture on the homestead and the same on my leased property, plus putting out food plots this fall. Probably 3-5 acres of food plots. Any thoughts on my setup.

/ Purchasing my First Tractor #2  
:welcome: to TBN!

/ Purchasing my First Tractor #3  
Be sure to look at the cut rating size, and Gear box Hp rating for the cutters you are looking at and compare it to others. Weight will also tell you how well built they are. You will find that some cutters of the same cut size are built way lighter and are half the weight of others.
I found that most were only rated for 1 " cutting capacity, and that even Bush hog still sells some new cutters without stump jumpers.
How bad is the clearing you have to do? Why not a older used one to start out with? I keep a old 6 ft cutter I paid $400 for and use it for the first clearing all the bad stuff... id rather trash it than a new cutter.
Ck out a landpride brand ........ model RCR2672 if your going to be doing a lot of heavy stuff an want one to last... its rated for 3" cut capacity.