Seeking Information On 1940s Farmall Tractor

/ Seeking Information On 1940s Farmall Tractor #1  

Adamski

Tractor
Guys,

I'm looking for information (years built, model number, number built, etc) on the following tractor:

1. A Farmall (I think) that had round - spoked, steel front and rear wheels.
2. It had a diamond tread rear tire.
3. You had to crank it to start it.
4. The front wheels where close together.
5. The steering wheel was vertical and the steering shaft went horizontally across the top of the tractor to the front steering gear assembly.
6. It was probably built in the 1940s (maybe earlier).
7. It had a 6" wide, exterior, side-mounted belt drive wheel for powering implements such as a saw.
8. It didn't have fenders or 3 point hitch.
9. It had a steel pan seat and a stationary tow bar with multiple holes.

Can anyone provide more information about this tractor? My dad bought it used when I was a kid. Any information that could lead toward acquiring a model of this tractor would be especially appreciated. Thanks.

Larry

/ Seeking Information On 1940s Farmall Tractor #2  
Could be a Farmall M or H maybe? Try a google search for images of Farmall Tractors and see if you remember one of them.

/ Seeking Information On 1940s Farmall Tractor #3  
Sounds more like you are describing something like an F-12, or up... These were from the late 20's up through the late 30's. Posting some pictures of the various models, maybe one will look familiar. The old Regulars were easy to spot, as the steering gears at the front were exposed, and over the years claimed many fingers..!!

F-12.JPGF-20.JPGF-30.JPGFarmall Reuglar.JPG

/ Seeking Information On 1940s Farmall Tractor
DJ54,

I'm convinced my dad's old tractor was a model F-12. That would make it about 30 years old when he bought it off a farmer ... about 48 years ago. I'd sure like to find a scale model of that F-12 to put in my Tractor Cave. It's the first tractor I ever drove.

Was the model 12 available with 2 different styles of rear tires - cleats or diamond tread?

/ Seeking Information On 1940s Farmall Tractor #5  
If it resembles the F-12, it could have been that, or a F-14. Basically the same tractor, with the max. engine RPM's bumped up 200 more, to get another 2 HP. Seems I've seen pictures of them with the diamond treads. We always called them sand tires. I'm sure you could get what ever you wanted through a dealer.

Found this F-12 scale model, I suppose the site is up to date. It is an ERTL, but not their top of the line. Still not a bad price, if they still have it. Farmall Diecast Tractor