"Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #1  

Pierrepont

Silver Member
Tractor
Mahindra
A tractor dealer friend of mine was telling me that many of the "early build" Bobcat ct 225, 230, 235 tractors were trouble prone. I'm guessing roughly 2008 thru 2010. Any truth to this?

He mentioned loader problems which I had heard about but went on to state that there were many other problems/bugs with these machines and to avoid used ones.

Any real world experience to agree or disagree with this thinking?

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #2  
I have a 2008 Kioti CK 20 hst, very similar machine and I have not had a bit of trouble. The loader problems (cracks in the cross brace) were earlier models and Kioti fixed them free.
If the price is right, I would snap one up for my son who is looking for tractor. Let me know if you see any deals in NY state, I am not that far away.

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #3  
A tractor dealer friend of mine was telling me that many of the "early build" Bobcat ct 225, 230, 235 tractors were trouble prone. I'm guessing roughly 2008 thru 2010. Any truth to this?

He mentioned loader problems which I had heard about but went on to state that there were many other problems/bugs with these machines and to avoid used ones.

Any real world experience to agree or disagree with this thinking?

I own a 2009 Bobcat CT 235 with 320 hrs. Thus far, two warranty calls: 1; The positive battery cable connector rotted off. They are not heavy duty and I am guessing will happen again unless well maintained, scraping etc., replaced n/c. 2: Vibration causing a leak in the transmission cooling line. There was a bulletin on this and was fixed n/c. The replacement line also failed but again, replaced n/c.

Other than the above no other problems. I put about 100 hrs a year and I have found this tractor to be reliable, well built and easy to operate. No loader problems and no rust problems (kept in a garage). I follow all maintenance instructions to the letter.

Fred

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #4  
I have a 2009 CT230 with almost 600 hrs on it, the only issue I had was the injection pump went out and was covered with the warranty. No problems since. I take good care of mine, changing fluids and lubricating when needed. I would not say that is trouble prone at all.

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors
Galaxie,

Was the injection pump problem a rare failure or is that an area for ct owners to keep an eye on. When an injection pump fails what are the symptoms?

Thanks.

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #6  
I'm pretty sure none of the BCs had loader problems. Kioti had some issues early on before BC was even selling. Kioti made a loader change about 2007 that fixed the loader issue. BC never used that loader. Instead they used a rhino or bus hog brand. There were a number of injector pumps failing at < 300 hours. Kioti/BC made good on these. New injector design around 2008.

I have a kioti ck25, 2006 model. I've had both the loader and pump issue. Kioti took care of me and the tractor has been trouble free ever sense. Be careful not to listen to the misinformed. Kiot/BC are good reliable tractors. I'm at 560 hrs now and love this tractor.

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #7  
Was the injection pump problem a rare failure or is that an area for ct owners to keep an eye on. When an injection pump fails what are the symptoms?

To be honest, I am not sure. The dealership that I took it to said they had not seen one like that before but I am not sure if they sold a lot of tractors or not. They did say it looked like I got some bad diesel somewhere because there was some algae in the filter bowl and they thought that was what caused the failure.

I was using mine to push brush around and dump some pretty large pieces of cut timber in the trailer and I shut it off for a minute and it never started again. It would turn over but it wasn't getting any fuel so it wasn't going to start.

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #8  
I bought my CT235 in September 2009. It has about 250hrs on it now, and the last time it saw the dealership was when I loaded it on the trailer and brought it home. No battery problems, oil cooler problems, etc. The only thing I had to do was fix an oil leak caused by loose bolts between the rear end and clutch housing. A 15 minute fix. The hydrostat pedal is a little sticky like most, but that is what the heel of my boot is used for. A great machine overall. JP

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #9  
Ive also had an injector pump failure. Ive got an 09 225. It failed at 210 hrs and was repaired in the field under warranty. Ive had no other problems, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.
Symtoms? there were none, It was the same as galaxy428. Just shut it down and it would not start again.

/ "Early" ct 225 - 230 - 235 tractors #10  
I also had the positive cable rot out on my CT122. While the cable was thicker than most of the comparable auto cables I found, the connector was pot metal garbage. I had a battery leak at the same time and both were replaced under warranty. I haven't had any problems since then, even though my tractor isn't quite what you asked about.