using 2 cycle oil in tractors built for low sulfur diesel

/ using 2 cycle oil in tractors built for low sulfur diesel #1  

cmore

Gold Member
Tractor
traded MF135 for a 2605 4x4 &added a Mahindra eMax 22HST
Just wondering if there is any value in mixing a little 2 cycle oil in the fuel of the newer tractors?

/ using 2 cycle oil in tractors built for low sulfur diesel #2  
Just wondering if there is any value in mixing a little 2 cycle oil in the fuel of the newer tractors?

Short reply: Yes (but). There are much better and safer options. I use OptiLube XPD.

There are many, many threads on diesel fuel additives if you care to do a search.

Here is a link to a study on additives that has been posted many times. 2 cycle oil is #7 on the list. It is not recommended for 2007 or newer diesel engines.

Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

/ using 2 cycle oil in tractors built for low sulfur diesel #3  
yep.. a ton of threads on it.

i like howes or power service..

/ using 2 cycle oil in tractors built for low sulfur diesel
I guess I should do a search them. Thanks

/ using 2 cycle oil in tractors built for low sulfur diesel #5  
Thanks for a good question and the reference to a great answer. After reading this thread and the reference contained herein, I plan on starting to use Opti-Lube XPD in the two JD 1026Rs I've recently purchased. Thanks!

/ using 2 cycle oil in tractors built for low sulfur diesel #6  
use the WM two cycle that did OK in the quote lab results. The JD 10B backhoe sounds the same but the 265 MF injector pump seems more quite with it. Run Sea Foam from time to time and it has lubing ability I have read.