Kubota BX2230 Engine Stops when Range Gear shift lever moved from Neutral Position

/ Kubota BX2230 Engine Stops when Range Gear shift lever moved from Neutral Position #1  

kjferris

Tractor
Kubota 2230
After Bushhogging a field took a leaf blower to the tractor to blow it off and blew off the air cleaner, Battery Panel and Radiator Screen. Tractor started fine but when moving the Range Gear Shift Lever to either Hi or Low the engine dies. Everything else works fine. Just can not put it into gear.

/ Kubota BX2230 Engine Stops when Range Gear shift lever moved from Neutral Position #2  
My money would be on a bad or disconnected seat switch.

-Phillip

/ Kubota BX2230 Engine Stops when Range Gear shift lever moved from Neutral Position #3  
Btw, may not be disconnected at the switch. Look for a plug knocked loose where you were blowing.

-Phillip

/ Kubota BX2230 Engine Stops when Range Gear shift lever moved from Neutral Position
I checked the seat switch and that seems good. I did blow out the wheelwells. There is a switch in the right wheelwell that seems to be depressed when the Range Gear Shift Lever is moved to the Hi / Low setting. Could this be the switch you are referring to?

/ Kubota BX2230 Engine Stops when Range Gear shift lever moved from Neutral Position #5  
That would certainly be a possibility. These switches are all tied together to make sure you're not in gear when you get off, the pto is shut of before you start, pto shuts off when you leave the seat unless you tip it up, etc. Check things out with a volt meter and you'll find one of them isn't working right.

/ Kubota BX2230 Engine Stops when Range Gear shift lever moved from Neutral Position #6  
Switch on left side for PTO also.
Must be seated when running mid mount mower PTO, must be seated or seat flipped up for rear PTO to be engaged

David Kb7uns

/ Kubota BX2230 Engine Stops when Range Gear shift lever moved from Neutral Position #7  
deleted