Cylinder Moving In Only One Direction

/ Cylinder Moving In Only One Direction #1  

fisherridge

Tractor
1976 Economy Power King 1614
I have a Takeuchi TB016 1.6 Ton Mini Excavator that has lost the ability to raise the boom. All the other cylinders, slew motor and travel motors function properly.
The hoses can be swapped on the boom cylinder and the cylinder will extend to raise the boom but then will not retract to lower it.
I have the service manual, and in the Troubleshooting section it addresses no movement of the cylinder but not movement in one direction only.
The cylinder was recently rebuilt at the local hydraulic shop, but if I can swap hoses and make it work, doesn't that eliminate the cylinder from being the problem?

/ Cylinder Moving In Only One Direction #2  
Remove the two hoses going the cyl and place in a bucket and move the valves levers to see if fluid is flowing out both hoses.

/ Cylinder Moving In Only One Direction #3  
I have a Takeuchi TB016 1.6 Ton Mini Excavator that has lost the ability to raise the boom. All the other cylinders, slew motor and travel motors function properly.
The hoses can be swapped on the boom cylinder and the cylinder will extend to raise the boom but then will not retract to lower it.
I have the service manual, and in the Troubleshooting section it addresses no movement of the cylinder but not movement in one direction only.
The cylinder was recently rebuilt at the local hydraulic shop, but if I can swap hoses and make it work, doesn't that eliminate the cylinder from being the problem?
try what j j said this is a way to check your control valve

/ Cylinder Moving In Only One Direction #4  
If the trouble swaps, it is not the cyl. Check them QD's for correct operation.

You have four hoses to test any cyl.

If the cyl will not retract, I would look for the nut that holds the piston on, has come off the rod.