PTO Snow Blower, hydraulic drive, on Frt Loader

/ PTO Snow Blower, hydraulic drive, on Frt Loader #1  

Balerguy2

Bronze Member
Tractor
L4610 GST/ LA 852 loader, GrassHopper 725DT
I plan to move my 3 ph 66" snow blower. It will be on the same Kubota L4610 & La 852 loader (but sans 72" bucket). The new loader mounted snow blower mt. frame is nearly done. Next will be cutting, welding up the mounting "ears" on the new blower frame. It will mean dropping off the 300# bucket and adding the 650# blower. Looking forward....... to looking forward!

A Prince "10 gpm" pto pump has served me well to operate my 3 ph back hoe. This good luck points towards the Prince HC-PTO-1A "21 gpm" pto pump for this project. $600 + ship Pump effective output maybe 15 to 25 gpm (my estimate).

Surplus Center sells item Hyd Motor 9-7368-125 7.6 cu in 2576 psi, 600 rpm contin., 19.7 gpm , splined (would need converter, blower is 1.5 D. & keyed) $270 + ship or............

item 9-7368-160 Hyd. Motor 9.6 cu in 2200 psi, 470- 560 rpm, 19.7 gpm, $272 + ship In any case, Motor/blower can direct drive, but I have on hand # 60 chain.............

Plan to use 3/4" for the hp hose and return, Qd(s) will be used at both ends.

A 3 ph mounted ramp will carry the hyd fluid tank, filters, fittings and tank suction line.

Question: Both Hyd motors are in the range for 540 rpm although I generally run about 19-2000 engine rpm which is 400 or so pto rpm. What do you think of how these will play together on their ramp up flow generation (pump & motor)?

Ease of use really requires QD(s) at both ends although I hate the psi/flow losses.

Do you think I am on track here or are their "Red Flags"? Some of you have done this or similar .................... what do you think?

TIA!

Carl

Last edited:
   / PTO Snow Blower, hydraulic drive, on Frt Loader #2  
Hey Carl,

Interested in seeing the outcome of this as i have been thinking about building one for myself like this.

I'd personally skip the spline shaft motor and use a Keyed shaft unit and a u joint to the blower. and a bracket to hold the motor

Surplus center #'s

9.59 cu in DYNAMIC BMS160E2KS HYD MOTOR Item# 9-7080-160
with the 9.9ci pump your looking at
a relief valve set to the pumps limit for max torque at the blower
a electroshift valve to save having to route a lever to where you can reach it

1" KEYED 28 HP UNIVERSAL JOINT Item# 1-2731
will take the torque you can produce at 2250psi

The Joint will need some machining though to fit the blower. take it apart and a machine shop should kick that work out in an hour as its a simple bore and broach job.

OR buy these 2 and weld them using a 1" shaft and bushing to keep them true
1" SHAFT COUPLER Item# 1-1563-E
1.5" SHAFT COUPLER Item# 1-1563-I

without losses due to hoses, valves and such
400rpm on the blower will be 391 on the pump (16.77gpm) or 21.8 shaft hp at 2250psi/400rpm
540 rated pto speed will be about 500 rpm on the blower.

3/4" hose pressure side is fine, use the largest hose you can on the suction side.

Joe

/ PTO Snow Blower, hydraulic drive, on Frt Loader #3  
to help with losses on connecters, use a larger size and bush it down to the hose size.

/ PTO Snow Blower, hydraulic drive, on Frt Loader
If the picture is actual there looks to be enough steel to increase the bore on the Universal out to 1.5" from 1" oem. It is great Crash5291 "Joe" that you found that motor with out "splines". Plus, you have detailed a whole lot more info that I greatly appreciate!

I've nearly finished the snow blower mount. It is "pin on" as is my LA 852 loader. I didn't want to use the oem 3 ph since fabricating allowed bringing the blower closer to the loader. Dan. Thanks for the note on upsizing the constricting connectors on the hose lines. So far I am using 1 & 3/16" pins of 1018 having drilled the loader/blower/frame with that size via McMaster Carr's "Annular Cutter" with the Weldon 3/4" shank to my 3/4" Delta DP. Worked really well and had no problem chucking the Weldon shank with my 3 jaw Jacobs Chuck. (no special arbor ie).

With the new "frame" on the 852 loader I'll be pushing hay wagons up into the barn for close proximity to the hay elevator. Using the 72" bucket sure grubbed up the tail of the wagons through the years....... the new loader frame/ converter fixes that.

I sure thank each of you guys for great info!

Carl

/ PTO Snow Blower, hydraulic drive, on Frt Loader #5  
If the picture is actual there looks to be enough steel to increase the bore on the Universal out to 1.5" from 1" oem. It is great Crash5291 "Joe" that you found that motor with out "splines". Plus, you have detailed a whole lot more info that I greatly appreciate!
Glad to help.

With the new "frame" on the 852 loader I'll be pushing hay wagons up into the barn for close proximity to the hay elevator. Using the 72" bucket sure grubbed up the tail of the wagons through the years....... the new loader frame/ converter fixes that.

I sure thank each of you guys for great info!

Carl

I'm not sure exactly what way your using the frame but if you put a hole and pin the wagon you will love how the loader makes for backing them up.
Joe