Front tire issue

/ Front tire issue #1  

Skintback

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3240 4wd
I have a kubota L3240 4wd that is awesome. However I am having a problem in one area. A few weeks ago, I was cutting a drainage ditch with my rear blade and knocked the front left tire off the rim while in the ditch. No problem; took rim off and had cleaned and seated again. I went yesterday to run tractor for a while and the right front tire is unseated and flat. I am running my Front tires at around 22 psi. Is this too low or do others have problem knocking the tire off the rim on the front? I have no problem with the left front after I had it reseated. I am thinking about running them at 30 psi to see if that helps.

/ Front tire issue #2  
22 psi should be ok, but if you got a FEL on it, maybe 30 ,35 psi will be good. Just my opinion.

/ Front tire issue #3  
Are you sure the tires are not leaking air slowly, and when they get low enough the rim bead pops off? Running higher tire pressure makes the ride a little rougher, probably a little harder on the front end, not sure I'd go that route. I run mine 22psi and have not had problem, other than a bunch of flats that I constantly have to fix.

/ Front tire issue
No FEL yet. I have not had any problems with flats before I knocked the bead loose q couple weeks ago. I saw that happen so no big deal. I guess I'm just gonna have to get it off and see wha happened. I was just wondering if this tire size was more susceptible to knocking the bead loose being that the rim is so wide.

Thanks for the replies so far

/ Front tire issue
Oh BTW... Tractor is less than a year old with around 50 hours on it

/ Front tire issue #6  
I have had issuses with my BX24 Front tires going flat. The FEL puts a lot of extra weight on those little tires with a full bucket. I ended up putting a tube in the one tire that was going flat a few years ago, and I have not had problem since. Now the other tire is going flat after a few days too. I will have a tube put in that soon also.

/ Front tire issue #7  
Usually when I knock it off the rim it's because I've got a puncture while working. Sounds as if you have a slow leak. 22 psi should be fine with no FEL.