B7100HSD - Clutch disengage problem!

/ B7100HSD - Clutch disengage problem! #1  

frankc

Bronze Member
Tractor
B9200HST, G6200H, B7800 & L3450GST
I have been reading the board for some time and have yet to ask any questions, but I am currently having a problem with my B7100 that I'm hoping someone can help me with.

I have a mid mount 54" mower on the machine, it is PTO driven from the mid PTO. This tractor is late 80's machine so its a shaft driven deck. To engage the pto, you must use the clutch to disengage the moter from the pto pump (I guess), anyway I know the shaft coming from the moter must stop revolving to quietly engage the PTO. This is where my problem begins, when I depress the clutch pedal, I hear a growling noise, not a squeal (bad bearing ?) and the shaft does not stop revolving. I can obviously force the PTO engagement by grinding the gears (NOT A GOOD THING) and then everything works as expected. Only problem seems to be the disengagement of the clutch.

Does anyone know what could be causing this, Throw out bearing maybe and could there be an adjustment to fix it?

Thanks in advance

/ B7100HSD - Clutch disengage problem! #2  
frank
Here is a thread that contains some information on rusted clutch plate. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Click Here Your clutch plate may have rusted to the flywheel. Should be some answers on how to repair yours in the thread. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ B7100HSD - Clutch disengage problem! #3  
Have you ever greased the throwout bearing or checked the clutch adjustment ?? If not you may want to get a manual for the tractor.

/ B7100HSD - Clutch disengage problem! #4  
On my 93 B7100 HST when the clutch is depressed a collar over the driveshaft is pushed forward into the clutch housing.. When the clutch is released the collar appears to be pulled back into posistion by a small coil spring. All this is visible from below and happens after the clutch housing.

Hope this is of some help.

Egon