How to change cutter on BCS duplex sickle

/ How to change cutter on BCS duplex sickle #1  

barnstorm

Tractor
Ford 8n
I recently purchased a BCS 853 and have been using a duplex sickle bar to cut some over-grown fields. In the process, I've broken one of the teeth. I spoke with my dealer and he said the best way to replace is to grind off the heads of the rivets that held it and punch the center through to make way for the new tooth. I've ground off the heads and have been whacking away trying to get the rivet shaft out to no avail. Any tips that can avoid a trip back to the dealer for repairs?

/ How to change cutter on BCS duplex sickle #2  
I ground off the head, positioned the blade bar on vise so that the underside of the rivet was in the open, used a drill bit having a diameter less than the rivet body diameter, then used a punch having a diameter close to the rivet diameter but larger than the drilled hole and hammered the rivet down and out of the bar. Sometime in the future I am buying one of these so as to eliminate the drilling step as I came close to wallowing-out the bar hole in my afore-described escapade.
Smith Tool - R3030 Rivet Tool

/ How to change cutter on BCS duplex sickle #3  
Stick the bar on a metal vice, clamping the broken tooth lightly with the back of the tooth up. Wac the tooth hard with a hammer. This will sheer off the rivets and set the tooth free. Punch the left behind rivet pieces out with a nail set...

/ How to change cutter on BCS duplex sickle
Thanks for the advice, I'll keep at it - I think I need a bigger punch to push out the shafts. The rivet tool looks like he ticket as I'm guessing this will become more or less regular maintenance.