JD D170- Help! Big Mistake!?!?

/ JD D170- Help! Big Mistake!?!? #1  

jebm

Tractor
JD D170
I bought a D170 about three weeks ago through Home Depot. At 5.5 hrs the battery died. While mowing yesterday the RIO stopped working, so I used the PTO to disengage the blades when backing up. Just as I finished, the PTO would no longer re-engage the blades. I shut the tractor down and now it won't start at all. Doesn't even try. Called the JD dealer and at the service tech's request, tried pushing in the RIO to start the tractor, but that did nothing. Tried pulling out the PTO and starting, heard a click but nothing else. After 12.3 hrs?!?! Now the dealer, for a mere $70 transport fee, is going to pick it up three days from now. Another week to get it back. If anyone has any solutions that I can try before then, I would really appreciate it! (Had a Gravely pro150 for 17 years that I miss a lot right now.)

/ JD D170- Help! Big Mistake!?!? #2  
Sounds like a bad alternator/regulator. Connect volt meter to battery. check battery voltage and then start unit, it should rise to 13 14 volts. some units have a dual system, 1 for charging, other for electric clutch.

/ JD D170- Help! Big Mistake!?!?
Thanks for answering! Unfortunately the mower won't start at all, although I'll check the voltage when I get home.

/ JD D170- Help! Big Mistake!?!? #4  
If you have bat jumper cables attach the jumper cables from a good battery to lawn mower battery then try to start.

/ JD D170- Help! Big Mistake!?!? #5  
I would return it home depot for a refund! Go get a new Gravely ZT mower.