Anyone have a MF Dynabalance 41?...have a question about a part I had fabricated.

/ Anyone have a MF Dynabalance 41?...have a question about a part I had fabricated. #1  

keegs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5640SUD
I had to fabricate what I think is called the spring bar. Its a piece of flat bar 1/4" x 1" x 18" approx.. and it attaches the longer blade bar to the drive. There's a series of 6 rivets that attach the spring bar to the blade bar. These rivets are offset to one side of the spring bar. At the end of the spring bar there's a lug and a tab that provides the connection point between the spring bar and the drive. The tab attaches to the spring bar with three rivets. These three rivets are also offset.

My question is do the 6 rivets that attach the spring bar to the blade bar line up with the three rivets that attach the tab...View attachment 323664 that attaches the spring bar to the drive.

This is an illustration from the Agco parts book and it clearly shows the rivet offset on different sides of the spring bar, however, I've observed two working mowers where all the rivets were aligned to one side of the spring bar.

TIA

/ Anyone have a MF Dynabalance 41?...have a question about a part I had fabricated. #2  
I will try and go take a look at mine tonight.

/ Anyone have a MF Dynabalance 41?...have a question about a part I had fabricated. #3  
Sickle Mower1.JPGSickle Mower2.JPG

I hope these pics help you. It appears all of mine line up.

/ Anyone have a MF Dynabalance 41?...have a question about a part I had fabricated.
Thanks Man,...Looks like what I've been seeing on other mowers. The three rivets holding down the tab that connects the lug that bolts to the drive align with the 6 rivets that hold the spring bar down to the cutting bar.

I had a new spring bar made up with those three rivet holes offset to the other side of the bar. It seems to be working OK but I'm thinking it should probably be corrected.