Ford 4000 install of remotes

/ Ford 4000 install of remotes #1  

honda man

Tractor
ford 4000
hey i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of the best way to install a hydraulic remote on my tractor. It is a 68 ford 4000 and it has the selector valve at the moment which is useless really. Factory remotes are very costly and next to impossible to get. some one said Power beyond not sure that would work or any way i could use the selector valve already on tractor, any help would be great thanks.

/ Ford 4000 install of remotes #2  
Why would Power Beyond not work?

/ Ford 4000 install of remotes #3  
Are you saying that you don't know if your valve has PB.

You should be able to install new from the start.

You should be able to add to your existing hyd system.

Do you have a FEL valve now.

/ Ford 4000 install of remotes #4  
hey i was wondering if anyone had any ideas of the best way to install a hydraulic remote on my tractor. It is a 68 ford 4000 and it has the selector valve at the moment which is useless really. Factory remotes are very costly and next to impossible to get. some one said Power beyond not sure that would work or any way i could use the selector valve already on tractor, any help would be great thanks.

"Best" can mean many things. My version of "best" is an OEM style valve mounted in place of your current selector. OEM and OEM style valves are not hard to get, but may be hard to pay for. Or you can dick around with an open center spool valve bolted to your fender with hoses running all over the place and save some coin.

/ Ford 4000 install of remotes
yea i don't have front end loader, How would i hook up Power beyond. Is there any way to use my selector valve or PB may be better?

/ Ford 4000 install of remotes #6  
What does your selector valve do now?

Show picture of your selector valve.

Is your selector valve used for the 3pt?

As I said before, you can add valves to your tractor.

If all you have is a selector valve with relief, then you can take the pump outlet and run a hose from the pump to the remote valve IN port.

You should get 2 or more spools on the remote valve with PB.

Connect the pump hose to the IN port of the new remote valve.

The PB port with adapter will connect to the input to the 3pt valve/line.

The OUT port of the new remote will go to tank.

So now, your hyd flow path is, pump, remote valve, 3pt, tank.

If you are going to do T-N-T in the future, then get a 3 or 4 spool valve.

Install QD's on the work ports.

Set the relief on the remote valve the same as the tractor 3pt relief.

The remote valve relief will now become the main tractor relief.

The selector valve is a used for a one way valve it is factory it has a knob and one hose. If i use the power beyond block why do i need to go back to the tank. Is there a 2 port Pb or all pb blocks 3 port. Wont the Pb go back to the tank under pressure.

/ Ford 4000 install of remotes #8  
ditto 100% what rickB said.

oem style valves are COMMONLY available. every antique tractor site i'm on that sells parts has the tisco valve. mind you prices go from 800-1100$ depending on if you get just the dual-da valve, or the kit. single is about half that.

so the valve being hard to get is incorrect. as rick said.. simply hard to pay for.

onthe other hand.. the 100$ pb plate is also easy to find and cheap.. and then, again.. as rick said.. you just have to spiderweb some hoses from the plate over to an appropriate OC valve/ bank of valves, and go. cheaper.. not easier. .. easy is 4 bolts nad some oring and an oe valve..

/ Ford 4000 install of remotes #9  
Maybe this is what you need

Tisco Tractor Part Mart: Reliable Tractor Parts You Need. Fast :: ADAPTER KIT (HV5902)

It has three ports: (1) pressure port, (1) power-beyond port and (1) return port. All ports 3/4" - 16 ORB.

three ports: (1) pressure port, (1) power-beyond port and (1) return port. All ports 3/4" - 16 ORB.

Adapter kit. Can replace OEM adapter plate 9613790. Adapter plate in HV5902 kit features three ports: (1) pressure port, (1) power-beyond port and (1) return port. All ports 3/4" - 16 ORB. Kit contains adapter plate, o-rings, mounting bolts, plugs, and instructions. For models with single-pump hydraulic system. Tractors: 500-900 (1955-1960), 2000, 4000 (USA-1964), 2000-5000 (1965-1975), 2600-6600 (1975-1981). Industrials: 230-545. Not for AG 10 series, 5900 produced after April 1986, or industrial C- or D- series tractors.Contains: 1-721FSO-1/2 hyd adaptor,1-HV5901 adaptor plate,1-PP1/4 pipe plug,2-9-OR o-ring,5-11-OR o-ring,1-223-OR o-ring,2-HV4908 bolt,2-HV4909 bolt,2-7/16-14X3-3/4 capscrew,1-HV4903 bolt,3-60UB-08X08 HSA23 adaptor.

Sorry by hard to get i mean in my area.I know i can get one From TISCO in the states and pay duty and over $1000 and that is the real hard part. Is there any difference between Part #HV5902 and Part # HV4902 it looks like there are only 2 ports. thanks J.J for the help