Storing a Tow-Behind Trail Mower

/ Storing a Tow-Behind Trail Mower #1  

lantxinNETX

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 4035 HST, Bradco 485 Backhoe
I have a Swisher Rought Cut mower that we pull behind our UTV.
We have been storing it inside of a garage on our property, but I am needing to move it out it out of its current location.

For those who don't store their similar mowers inside a garage or barn, where do you store them? I should be able to provide it with some cover / protection from the rain and sun, but I am a little concerned with leaving it sitting out all the time. If this were PTO powered I probably wouldn't be as concerned. But being a gas powered mower I don't want to make a costly mistake.

Thanks!

Martin

/ Storing a Tow-Behind Trail Mower #2  
IMHO - outdoor equipment is not only designed to be used outside, but left out as well. Covering will help protect/prolong the finish. Proper lubrication will prevent premature corrosion and excess wear of moving parts and just might chase off rodents. The real enemy is moisture in the ground under the mower deck. Just like unsealed concrete, the ground moisture will attack the untreated metal and shorten the life of any equipment. IMO - i would prepare an area with ground protection (plastic with stone or pavers) and park my mower on top and then cover.

Again, just my opinion.