snow plow for my new holland tz25da

/ snow plow for my new holland tz25da #1  

rrasi

Tractor
still in shopping mode
Hello I am looking for a snow plow for my tz25. I have a bush hog front end loader on now. I would be open to a snowplow that mounts onto the loader or one that mounts to the tractor with the loader off. I don't think bush hog makes any.
What snowplow would work good on my plow?

Any ideas?

/ snow plow for my new holland tz25da
not a whole lot of feedback here guys... what kind of plow can i get for my tractor?

/ snow plow for my new holland tz25da #3  
A lot of people fabricate their own mount onto the bucket, Some use bobcats quick attach set up. It depends if you want a plow that angles - then you need a hydraulic hookup. If your plow sticks out a bit and you run it at an angle, you need a heavier tractor to keep the front end from sliding sideways. I find that I need chains on my rear wheels when there is any kind of ice. I have a manual 30hp TC30 and it pushes a 7' plow easily. I cut the mount from a snowbear snow plow and bolted it into my bucket. I leave it on all winter.

Plowing without a cab is cold. You might think about that. With a rigid plow it takes longer than with a plow that angles.
Here is my setup.View attachment 333046 The plow swivels forward and backwards and has 2 springs the cutting edge works against, The chain hanging down unhooked from a spring. I don't much use skid plates- have them, but it is just easier to tilt the bucked and give the plow a nice angle. Once I have it- I leave it until I'm done.

I looked your tractor up- 7' might be big, maybe a light weight (one of the snowplows they are making for the newer trucks with lighter front end suspension) Snowbear (Canada) sells a range of snow plows. 5' or 6' plows might be good. Measure the outside width of your back tires for your minimum size plow. Buy a plow and have a welder adapt the mount for your bucket. Another option would be to put a grader blade on the back and keep your blower on the front. Best of both worlds.
Here is an old post I did.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/214638-bucket-mounted-snowplow.html
Good luck.

Last edited:
   / snow plow for my new holland tz25da #4  
Snowplows cost big $$$ if you want new or want one that can hook up to your tractor or loader without any modification on your part. Likely looking at $3000+ for a plow. Thats why most people make their own mount, so you can use a $200-$300 used craigslist plow.

And without knowing your location, how much snow do you get?? Light fluffy snow?? wet and heavy?? How much do you have to plow?? how often??

A $200 rear blade for the tractor, and the FEL is a good combination that is cheap and effective for a small driveway a few times a year.

/ snow plow for my new holland tz25da #5  
I had the 60 inch front blade with the quick hitch for my T1010 which is the same tractor just a year newer. Loved it. I ended up trading it in when i traded in the T1010 for the T1110. I wish i had kept it. It worked great for snow. They are pricey but in my opinion it was well worth the money. New Holland still has them and i'm guessing a dealer could get one for you. I've only seen one for sale that was used which tells me hardly any were sold or people just don't get rid of them.

/ snow plow for my new holland tz25da
Thanks for the reply...

do you know the model name for the plow?

Thanks.

/ snow plow for my new holland tz25da #7  
Had to do some googling. Look for new hplland 54cb or 60cb. U need the quick hitch too. I was fortunate to find mine used for a decent price. It was great in the snow. I just ordered a 60 inch front snowblower. Looking forward to using it this winter. Would buy the blade again but always wanted a front snowblower. If u have any more questions about it let me know. Thanks, Marty