Wheeled box blade-small

/ Wheeled box blade-small #1  

raven1

Tractor
KubotaL3400
New to this forum. Anyone know of a 5ft or 6ft box blade (3 pt cat 1) that has rear wheels to smoothe out the normal rise and dip associated with light grading. This is not a problem when I can load the box and make speed on a long driveway, but it is hard to get good flat grade when only lightly loading the scraper. Seems like a set of swivel wheels (similar to a bush hog) about 3 or 4 feet behind would help. Research finds heavy duty ones with hydraulics etc. Too expensive and I don't have the remotes. I need fixed height wheels. I'll control depth with 3 pt lift. Sound nuts?? Probably cheaper to convert one of my existing boxes, huh.

/ Wheeled box blade-small #2  
You want a DRAG SCRAPER.

Quite a few companies make them, mostly in size Large.

Cammond makes compact Drag Scrapers in Oklahoma, in 4'-5'-6'-7' widths.

Cammond Drag Scrapers

Okatie....what a romantic name.

Last edited:
   / Wheeled box blade-small #3  
New to this forum. Anyone know of a 5ft or 6ft box blade (3 pt cat 1) that has rear wheels to smoothe out the normal rise and dip associated with light grading. This is not a problem when I can load the box and make speed on a long driveway, but it is hard to get good flat grade when only lightly loading the scraper. Seems like a set of swivel wheels (similar to a bush hog) about 3 or 4 feet behind would help. Research finds heavy duty ones with hydraulics etc. Too expensive and I don't have the remotes. I need fixed height wheels. I'll control depth with 3 pt lift. Sound nuts?? Probably cheaper to convert one of my existing boxes, huh.
:thumbsup: Welcome to TBN :thumbsup:

Use the search box at the top of the page, type in "Drag Scraper", you will get several threads with good info. I think there was a thread using trailer jacks for the height and angle adjustment.

I have a 6' Cammond box blade, it is well made and heavy duty.