Hydraulic questions

/ Hydraulic questions #1  

martin douglas

My 2001 TC29 has 912 hrs. Mostly finish mowing.

When I lower the bucket to the ground and beyond, the tractor does not lift off the ground. While I don't see any other performance issues, this seems different than the many tractor jockeys on the web who always seem to lift their tractors off the ground with their buckets. Is this something I shd be concerned with?

Also, is it necessary to remove mid mount mower to change the oil and hydraulic fluids?
Thanks.

/ Hydraulic questions #2  
You can't lift the front off the ground with the lift arms alone if the bucket is flat. You have to curl the bucket down to the dump position and then lower the arms. Is that what you are doing?

/ Hydraulic questions #3  
You sure your not putting it in float?

/ Hydraulic questions
You can't lift the front off the ground with the lift arms alone if the bucket is flat. You have to curl the bucket down to the dump position and then lower the arms. Is that what you are doing?

Yes. Nose down. The front lightens quite a bit but stays on ground.

All fluids are full and clean. Is there a filter somewhere that may be clogged?

/ Hydraulic questions #5  
Several of the tractors in that time frame seemed to have hydraulic pressure problems from the relief valve being set too low. I'd suggest having your pressure checked. A clogged filter would slow flow, but not keep maximum pressure from building up. The only things that can cause your problem is an internal leak in a hydraulic cylinder or low pressure. Are you trying the lift with the engine above 2000 rpm? I know the NH 7308 loaders of the 2001 timeframe didn't have a lot of lift, but I do think they would pop the front wheels off the ground normally. It might be time to have your pressure checked at your dealer. You could build a test gage and check the pressure, but that would be up to you.

/ Hydraulic questions #6  
If your valve has regen, you may be going into regen and therefore, you have less pressure and might not be able to lift front end.

Some tractor valves have regen in the first postion, and if you do not push futher to the right, you will have less power.

You should be able to lift front end of tractor if not in regen.

Bucket tilt down using full pressure should raise the front end off ground.

If you install a hyd gage in a tee in the IN port of the first valve or loader valve, you can see the pressure developed by any hyd action.

If you can make your hyd go into relief, then your hyd system is working as it should.

So now, if you can apply the relief pressure to your tilt cyl, you should be able to raise the front end.

So if you can not see the relief pressure, and not in regen, then look for other problems, such a tilt bucket cyl seals leaking.

/ Hydraulic questions #8  
I had the same problem with my TC29, I bought a pressure gage with a quick couple fitting and checked the pressure.
Sure enough, the pressure was low. If I recall, the 7308 loader is rated for 1700PSI and my pressure was around 1500.
There is a pressure adjuster on the valve body for the loader and also on the pump, my pump puts out about 1950 PSI so I adjusted the relief valve for the loader for about 1750PSI.
The loader now works great, more power for digging and now it will lift the front wheels off the ground.

/ Hydraulic questions #9  
I had the same problem with my TC29, I bought a pressure gage with a quick couple fitting and checked the pressure.
Sure enough, the pressure was low. If I recall, the 7308 loader is rated for 1700PSI and my pressure was around 1500.
There is a pressure adjuster on the valve body for the loader and also on the pump, my pump puts out about 1950 PSI so I adjusted the relief valve for the loader for about 1750PSI.
The loader now works great, more power for digging and now it will lift the front wheels off the ground.

Those pressures even seem low by modern standards. But I could be wrong. Most all tractors I have seen specs on from the last decade are ~2300-~2500 psi