53 jubilee stalling

/ 53 jubilee stalling #1  

cfield

Tractor
1953 Ford Jubilee
i have a 53 jubilee. after plowing for some time, the tractor seems to be running wrong. when i give it gas, it wants to shut off. also, when i let off the clutch to move, the tractor lags then jumps in or sometimes shuts off. the spark plugs seem to be fine. i took the drain off the bottom of the carb and drained a little, which helped a little. what is the most common cause? what do i need to check next? thanks!

/ 53 jubilee stalling #2  
Restriction in the fuel line, crud or water in the fuel tank, carburetor needs cleaned & float adjusted. Vacuum leak around the carburetor or intake manifold gaskets. Air filter too dirty.

Those are my guesses of places to look.

/ 53 jubilee stalling #3  
Check the sediment bowl, cut off fuel and dump it. sounds like it might be it.

/ 53 jubilee stalling #4  
Check the sediment bowl, cut off fuel and dump it. sounds like it might be it.

I agree...when I had my Jubilee that is the problem I had...somehow I always found cotton like fiber in the fuel filter and lines....once cleared it was fine for awhile and it would have the same problem again...I ended up selling it...What really needed to happen in my case was for the tank to be removed and cleaned and all the fuel lines cleaned out ...once and for all...but I had a neighbor who wanted it before I could do that ...he said he would do it but I don't know if he ever did..

/ 53 jubilee stalling
thanks for the help. it ended up being gunk in the filter inserted in the side of the carb. who knows the last time it was cleaned, i just bought it 2 months ago

/ 53 jubilee stalling #6  
glad you figured it out.

from now on.. when you have a run time error. start with checking spark.. if spark is ok.. move on to fuel ( the air, then compression and timing ).

If you have only had her 2m.. she's new.

should do a complete service and tune up as a baseline.