Loader la450s hydraulic valve

/ la450s hydraulic valve #1  

dav38spl

Tractor
L2350DT
does anyone know what the gpm is on the joystick valve for an LA450s loader? I am looking to replace it, cost of repair vs replacing it with an after market one is the very close. I just want to make sure I am getting one that is equal to or larger (gpm).

/ la450s hydraulic valve #2  
The LA450s loader's cylinders are relatively small - as is the L2350's pump. Any valve with 3/8" npt ports will do the job without noticeable effect on speed or heating of the oil.

/ la450s hydraulic valve
The LA450s loader's cylinders are relatively small - as is the L2350's pump. Any valve with 3/8" npt ports will do the job without noticeable effect on speed or heating of the oil.

I was looking to change out the oem pump to one with a higher gpm but I couldn't ever find a hydraulic pump that has the same spline shaft. A tree branch is the reason for this repair. Thanks to every one for the info.

/ la450s hydraulic valve #5  
Have you considered a PTO pump?

/ la450s hydraulic valve
Have you considered a PTO pump?

yes I have considered it and I have one that I runs my backhoe now. The reason for this change is I had to replace the rams on the boom. I replaced the oem 2" with 3". I can now pick up 6' round bales with out a problem. It's just a little slower than what I like. Also this year I'm going to give the backhoe an over haul and would like to do away with the pto pump and go to the aux hydraulic connections I put in. Just a couple of changes that would make everything easier.

/ la450s hydraulic valve #7  
Can you run the loader with the BH PTO pump?

The PTO pump should have more GPM's, but the pressure on the PTO pump might be lower.

/ la450s hydraulic valve
That's some of the reason for all the changes. With enough time and money you can make anything work. The bh is old and needs all new hose's and the valves are starting to leak by. The pto pump is set for 20 gpm at 540 rpm. And 2500psi working pressure. But I won't need it for a wile, plus my neighbors bh is alot stronger.

/ la450s hydraulic valve #9  
.....With enough time and money you can make anything work........
True, but it's more fun to keep cost and time down if you can. I noticed that Tractor Data lists the L2550 model with 6.7 gpm pump flow, about 50% more than the L2350. The two engines use the same water pump which is a good clue that the front engine parts are similar. The hydraulic pump from a L2550 might fit on your L2350 and give you a useful flow increase without any new plumbing. Don't know for sure, but it might be a possible option to investigate. The parts diagrams for both tractors would show what else might be affected (p.s. pump maybe) Take care, Dick B

Last edited:
   / la450s hydraulic valve
Thanks for that info. I looked it up a wile back. The best I could tell is the hydraulic pump is the same and didn't change part# until about 35hp. But I could have been wrong and I will look it up again.