Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #1  

fieldman12

Gold Member
Tractor
2001 New Holland TN70,2003 John Deere 250 Series II skidsteer,1987 John Deere 2155,2013 John Deere 5055E MFWD,2007 Duramax 4x4 truck, 1973 MF 165,Artic Cat 550 Cougar sled
Is there anyone on here that lives in an area with allot of New Holland Utility and Compact size tractors around being sold and used? Around here all of the New Holland dealers that have been blue even back to the old Ford days are now pushing Kubota. This really ticks me off but I must say Kubota makes a great machine. I sit on a Kubota 7060 tractor tonight and I must say the layout was really nice. I just have always been a Ford tractor fan for years in there smaller machines (75 hp and under). I know that there is the same as nothing left of the old Ford tractor in the new designs. I would just like to see New Holland do well. I have always said Fiat has been a much better deal for Case IH than New Holland in my opinion.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #2  
I stopped by my local kioti/new holland dealer when shopping for a tractor recently. He spent 90% of the time talking to me about kubota. I now own a Kubota.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #3  
I stopped by my local kioti/new holland dealer when shopping for a tractor recently. He spent 90% of the time talking to me about kubota. I now own a Kubota.

Haveissues, welcome aboard to the forum. I'm kinda curious. Did he say why he was pushing Kubota?
Would be interesting to hear a dealer's perspective here.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #4  
I stopped at a NH dealer to look at their offerings when I was looking a few moths back He did not even stock any of the compact tractors. He mentioned thsat the market had tightened up competitively so much that he could not compete. He said there were several great manufacturers out there that had more features and just as good as his offerings at lower costs. He mentioned Kioti and Mihindra. I respected his honesty and like to buy stuff from him when I can, he is only 20 minutes from the house.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #5  
How well funded a dealer might be probably shows up in how much he has on the lot to look at any particular time. I have 2 NH dealers with in 25 miles of my house and both are on major freeways and both have been in business for over 50 years. Both are in rural areas. One only carries 5-6 NH units at a time and only orders a unit when another sells. The other dealer has well over 60-75 NH units on stock at any time from the tiniest NH to one so large it has a steel ladder on the side to climb into the cab. On the other hand our local Kubota dealership must have over 200 units for sale from zero turn mowers up to large cabbed Kubotas. The Kubota dealership has a huge visual "wow factor" when you drive onto the property. The future of NH Utility and Compact tractors.....who knows. I just bought a NH Boomer 3050 with cab/ac/fel and cvt transmission and love it. Runs like a top and so far no problems. Most of my other neighbors in the area have John Deere or Kubota units. I do not like the orange Kubota paint, though it would not be a good reason not to own one, but most in my area that have been outside for a period of time turn a ugly pinky-red color.

Last edited:
   / Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #6  
The local NH dealer started to sale Mahindra last year,has probably more red than blue but no more than 30tractors total.
Another NH dealer also sales Kubota now.
Another NH dealer,has Massey too.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #7  
I keep driving by my dealer to see if he has the new Boomer 3045 and 3050 models with cabs. So far, I've not seen a New Holland compact tractor on his lot in several months. He has the larger tractors and loads of NH mowers, balers, rakes, etc., but all his compact and utility business is now Mahindra. The only NH compacts I see are the ones outside the service shop.

I'm guessing that if I want a 3045 or 3050, he'd order it for me, but he got burned on two Boomer 8Ns that he could not sell, and the LS Boomer models have also not sold well. His move to Mahindra was a business necessity.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #8  
ill say this about NH.we were ford blue for over 30yrs.but in 2009 i stopped at our local dealer an priced the 8n boomer 4x4 loader hst $35,000.i told them they was $10,000 to high on it.an thats the main reason i bought a kubota the 1st an 2nd time.after i bought my 1st kubota i told them i couldve bought the kubota 8540SU ROPS 4x4 loader for what they wanted for that boomer 8n.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #9  
Haveissues, welcome aboard to the forum. I'm kinda curious. Did he say why he was pushing Kubota?
Would be interesting to hear a dealer's perspective here.

He didn't come right out and say buy a kubota, but turns out he used to be a salesman for kubota. He spent a lot of time telling me that they are high quality, excellent customer service, etc. He also told me how he ran into the ceo of kubota at an airport on the way to a conference. The ceo asked him if he had any complaints about kubota and he said yes, one-the seats on the BX's. Soon after the seats were changed. We talked WAY more about kubota than the 2 colors on his lot.

/ Future of New Holland Utility and Compact tractor line. #10  
Our small town has both a New Holland and Case dealer. Both dealers carry multiple lines. The Case dealer has a lot of Case (Farmall) and Cub Cadet (small utility) equipment on his lot. The New Holland dealer has New Holland and Kubota on his lot. At times, it seems the Kubota items exceed the New Holland for compact tractors. But for full size and bigger, it's mostly New Holland.

John