Tractor Sizing Soliciting More Advice - Size Required

/ Soliciting More Advice - Size Required #1  

Fitz_VA

Tractor
Ford 1310 FEL 4WD, JD 5055E
In response to "Which - I am colorblind" it has become clear that I needed to further define my needs so I have posted a number of pics on a site taken this evening:

http://faculty.virginia.edu/Nanoscale_Laser_Processing/current/JMF%20Research%209-30-03/

Hopefully the link is working ok, I use IE.
I was looking at something on the order of a 35 hp machine with substantial capacity, but this may not be needed since time is not at all critical. I will be clearing the range hill along the lines behind the house and trees. I have some rather large areas of old piled up dirt from a former railroad that make a ridge along the property as well as assorted boulders 2'-5' in size. They may have to stay put. The inlcine on the pole line is severe, but my old 4 wd handles it fine.

Thanks for all the open and private advice so far.
Jim

/ Soliciting More Advice - Size Required #2  
Fitz,

I think you're on the right track, no place for a light duty model. Advise you consider horsepower and weight for this terrain and tasks. Horsepower is useless unless converted to traction. My advice, minimum 30 hp and 3000 lbs. More is always better, in so much as the wallet can stand. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif