Be careful cutting dead/standing trees...

/ Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #1  

/pine

Super Star Member
Just a reminder...a local man will killed this week when a dead standing (hollow) tree split when he was felling it and he lost his footing trying to get out of harms way...

/ Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #2  
Just a reminder...a local man will killed this week when a dead standing (hollow) tree split when he was felling it and he lost his footing trying to get out of harms way...

That is too bad. Those are nasty, they can go any direction, particularly with large limbs. Sorry to hear.

/ Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #3  
There is a big dead standing hollow tree on my property. Where it is located it will not hit anything when it falls, I am just going to let it fall.

/ Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #4  
Same here. Have a huge dead oak that we are just waiting for the weather to do it job. Hopefully no cows will be under it when it finally falls which could be several year away. In the meantime, we just have to keep the falling rotting limbs picked up + stay out from under it as much as possible.

/ Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #5  
Any time one has to pick up a chainsaw is a good time to say your Hail Marys and prayers before getting to work.

Be careful out there all.
Randy

Last edited:
   / Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #6  
I just posted this in Rural but it is worth goin in here more

Wood cutting WARNING!!! I worked with a guy who like me burns wood and drops trees by himself, he was ggod at it. One day he dropped his first tree and then went for the one next to it. It took a bad fall and pinned him shattering his knee. No one knew he was out cutting and 5 hours later a cousin happened to ride a quad and saw him. He was flown out and almost died. He had severe swelling and later a bad infection almost cost him the leg. He came back to work 364 days later to save his job. They built braces for him to walk because he still had no knee and they were not sure if they could do anything. Now I make sure someone is around when I cut.

/ Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #7  
I'll agree with that tree advice. The six pins and the plate in my leg are proof.

/ Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #8  
Buddy system when logging is a must. Even if it's just your old lady sitting by the truck in a lawn chair and a hot cocoa.

/ Be careful cutting dead/standing trees... #9  
I take a small boating air horn with me. My wife knows 3 blasts and 3 blasts call 911.