Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool #1  

brin

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles eas
Seventeen year old Joe Bush got a high school assignment to make a video reproduction. He chose history as a theme and tucked it all into two minutes.

Take pictures from the internet, add the track Mind Heist by Zack Hemsey (from the movie Interception) and then you get something like this.

Hold on tight! Notre Histoire

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool #2  
brin,
I noticed he didn't include a picture of the big oak tree on the way to the creek and I know that has to be an important landmark in your area just as the Bopat farm is in my area.
Otherwise its a good video.

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool
brin,
I noticed he didn't include a picture of the big oak tree on the way to the creek and I know that has to be an important landmark in your area just as the Bopat farm is in my area.
Otherwise its a good video.

LOL - You noticed that...I missed it...We should protest....;)

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool #4  
Thanks Bob. I'm going to have watch it a couple times. Heck of an effort for a high school student. Can't imagine the image selection process.

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool #5  
Bob, thanks for posting.

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool #6  
That was Excellant. A sustantial amount of Work and Research was definitely utilized leading to this video's completion. Truly Fantastic and Thought Provoking. I Tip My Hat to this Young Man. Sincere thanks for posting. I posted the Link on my Favorites.

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool #8  
Didn't think much of it, I'd give him a C+.

HS

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool #9  
houstonscott said:
Didn't think much of it, I'd give him a C+. HS
Fortunately, educators do not base their grades on whether they "like" something or not. I grade my students on whether they meet the requirements of an assignment rubric or not. Of course creativity always helps.

As someone who has taught HS History for 10 years, this is what I saw. The timeline from the Big Bang through evolution and the origin of the species was interesting. Virtually every major civilization from the emergent Fertile Crescent through the Romans and the birth of modern western civilizations were covered. The rise of nationalism, imperialism, and militarism was covered, as was the impact of popular culture. (I loved the depiction of the fall of the Berlin Wall...and David Hasselhoff thrown in as a joke). To close with climate change was a good touch. If the intent of the assignment was to provide a snapshot of the history of the world, using modern technology and 21st century learning skills, then this would be an A assignment. But that's just me.

/ Video History of the World in 2 minutes...Pretty Cool #10  
Guess that's the problem with history and what's being taught. Man made climate change is a political hoax, not history, not important. HS