new trike tractors

/ new trike tractors #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
Is anyone making a trike style tractor now?
I can't say that I've seen anything/anyone building those since what? the 70's?

Soundguy

/ new trike tractors #2  
I think our lawyer buddies stopped that. The tip over factor is greater and by holding the mfg liable for any stupid acts performed on their equipment they had to stop making them.

/ new trike tractors #3  
Our lawyer "buddies" have ruined a lot of things for us. According to them, we're too stupid to know what's good for us so they will decide for us.

/ new trike tractors #4  
No there are no tricycle tractors being made today. I don't know that it had anything to do with lawyers though. There's just no reason to have one anymore. Farmers sure aren't going to buy one and small acreage people are going to buy a subcompact or compact. Most of the planters and such are setup for 4 wheel tractors. Just really not any market for them that I know of.

/ new trike tractors #5  
Just remember that typically whenever a lawyer "ruins" something, its because at least 6 out of 8 jurors (your peers) agreed with them.

/ new trike tractors #6  
I saw a dedicated sprayer the other day that was a tricycle, of course it sat way up high and would practically tip over in a strong cross wind /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ new trike tractors #7  
don't forget the stupid people who hire and pay the stupid lawyers to be stupid/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
paul

/ new trike tractors #9  
Or the golden tounged devil talked them into it.

/ new trike tractors #10  
<font color="blue">I saw a dedicated sprayer the other day that was a tricycle </font>

Never saw one with three. Saw lots with 4 in that dealer on the way to Indy last weekend. Also saw those big wheel spreader trucks with 3 wheels.