Front-End Loader Removing a loader

/ Removing a loader #1  

Hognosh

Tractor
I know this is probably a dumb question. but i knew the place to ask was on this site.
I have a loader I want to remove for the first time. to put on my snow blower on.

Im sure i will figure it out as far as turning the bucket etc to make it pop off my main concern was in the manual says "when loader hydraulics are disconnected from tractor the tractor hydraulic circuit must be completed. failure to do so will result in tractor hydraulic pump damage."

if im disconnecting the hydraulic lines how is the circuit completed? I guess whats really has me confused how would it not be completed if someone just unplugged the lines.

can anyone explain this? if i ask a local dealer/mechanic their answers for every topic arent in detail. i guess they rather the part break and you come back to them.

thanks. also a extra question my blower is a front hydraulic with a tank on the back. the last man who owned it had it on pto 1100 (1100 something) their are 3 pto speeds i thought it would of been 540 like everything else. does anyone know how to figure out what speed ill need.

thanks again

/ Removing a loader #2  
Does the loader valve come off with the loader? I think that would make the difference.

Does the manual give detailed instructions?

/ Removing a loader
the manual is so bad it gives very little details. as far as that part that is the only line it gives. so it started making me worry i would somehow ruin the pump. the loader valve is just out side the cab. so only lines are on the actual bucket ( hope that answers question)

/ Removing a loader #4  
If the valve stays with the tractor the hydraulic circuit will be completed within the valve, no need for hoses.
Just plug the ports where the hoses have been removed to keep out dust.

/ Removing a loader
oh ok thanks i was thinkin that maybe i would have to get lines and connect it to itself to make a complete circuit as if it was running through a loader and back again.

/ Removing a loader #6  
I am going to say if the valve stays with the tractor, just unhook the four hoses to the loader.
If the valve comes off with the loader, there might be two hoses that have to be hooked together to complete the hydraulic circuit so the pump does not "dead head"

/ Removing a loader
makes sense to me now. I dont see an issue. thanks again. do you have any ideas for my 2nd part of question re: snowblower pto speed

/ Removing a loader #8  
I would think the pto speed would depend on how far you want to throw the snow but you probably don't want to exceed 540 rpm by much.

/ Removing a loader #9  
To prevent any costly mistakes, I suggest you contact the dealer of your Branson...that's the safest way to go.
All good opinions above...but all opinions, not necessarily factual.

As far as the PTO speed for your blower...again, don't take a chance...contact the manufacturer.

Now, that's my opinion as to what you should do...

/ Removing a loader
the guy before me was using the 1100 pto he said when he got it the dealer said that. it just didnt seem right. and i can never tell when they are just sayin that so you have to come back for a fix.