Where to buy vintage parts?

/ Where to buy vintage parts? #1  

Draagyn

Silver Member
Tractor
65 JD 3020, 75 IH 966
Howdy all,

Where is the best place to get parts for my John Deere 3020... in Canada or any places out of states that can ship relatively inexpensive. Yesterdays tractor and all states ag parts have everything I need but cost $75 to ship $50 part. Is there any places like these in Canada. There is also no UPS service in my area.

Thanks!

/ Where to buy vintage parts? #2  
Fawcett tractor supply out of St. Marys Ontario Might have some parts. I order all my old tractor parts from Steiner Tractor Parts. I've never had the parts shipped across the border though.

/ Where to buy vintage parts? #3  
John Deere dealerships also sell parts that are not OEM which often are quite reasonable.

/ Where to buy vintage parts? #4  
John Deere dealerships also sell parts that are not OEM which often are quite reasonable.

I think you're referring to the A&I parts which can be purchased from a JD dealer or an independent A&I dealer. Here's one example of the price difference between JD and A&I on a frt hyd pump seal kit for a 3020. On most A&I parts one just needs to add "A-" in front of JD part number.
RE29107 Hydraulic Pump ADD 93.00 USD
A-RE29107 Pump Repair Kit ADD 64.40 USD

/ Where to buy vintage parts?
Thanks guys! I ordered seal kits for my FEL lift cyl's from the closest Deere dealer. Probably could've bought new cylinders for the same price... Will look into A&I next time.