Long Tractors?

/ Long Tractors? #1  

TRex

Tractor
Kubota 3300
Does anyone have any experience with these? Especially the LandTrac LT 300 or 360? Thanks!

/ Long Tractors? #2  
Manufactured in Korea By LG, Mitsubishi engines they just started producing Hydro's this year. I don't care for their loaders. In New Hampshire their resale is dismal. We have a used one on our lot, can't give it away.

/ Long Tractors? #3  
I have owned a Landtrac 360DTC for almost 2 years and I am very pleased with it. I have worked it fairly hard and have had only a few minor problems. I purchased mine with a Long loader and backhoe for $24,000, and got a lot more tractor for my money than I could have got from one of the "Big Three". As far as resale goes, I can't comment on that as I didn't buy my tractor to trade in or sell but to keep around and work for many, many years.

Attachments

• 327482-ed_on_tractor_closeup.jpg
    327482-ed_on_tractor_closeup.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 470
   / Long Tractors? #4  
I thought they were very nice and very full featured (standard rear remotes, draft control, trailer connector, etc). The dealers I visited in Loudoun County were a bit high in price last year, but I never pushed price because they were a bit small for my needs. Plus, I thought the color was cool /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif...
Mark

/ Long Tractors? #5  
My neighbor has a Long. Don't know the model, but I know that it is gear drive & 36 HP. I have no idea how many hours are on it, but I would guess quite a few for its age. I believe it is a little over 2 years old. He has done a lot of dirt moving w/ the fell and a lot of bushhogging with it. Has far as I know he hasn't had any real problems w/ it. I only heard him complain about bending the bucket when he first saw my NH and saw how much heavier my "little" tractor's bucket was made. Other than that he really likes it, or should I say he likes the power steering compared to the old 9N he had before. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Long Tractors? #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I purchased mine with a Long loader and backhoe for $24,000, and got a lot more tractor for my money than I could have got from one of the "Big Three". )</font>

I am not trying to argue with Ed, but that's what I paid for my setup. My point is, check carefully you might be surprised. I know I was! Of course this all depends on your area. Certain brands seem to command xtra high pricing in some areas.

My biggest concern with Long would be long term parts availability. That may not be a big deal at all. But I had had an orphaned tractor, and didn't want to take any chances.

They are nice machines. My buddy has one and I am pretty sure they are going steady... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Long Tractors? #7  
I test drove a 300 series Long. It was a smooth running machine with a Mitsubishi engine. Loaded with features. My concern was long term parts and service. Most dealers in Florida who carry them are NOT primarily in the tractor business. Or carry them in addition to greys.

I'm spending a little more for one of the Big 3.

/ Long Tractors? #8  
<font color="blue"> I am not trying to argue with Ed </font>

I guess it depends on the area and dealers. When I priced out a JD with the same features, I could have got a 29 HP tractor for the same price as I paid for a 36 HP Long. This was after adding all the standard features of the Long on to the JD.

P.S. I didn't get a keychain, but I got 2 hats.

/ Long Tractors? #9  
TRex i love my long i have a 300 and have used it for about 350 hours and hard also in N.H i can't dig a hole with out hitting large rocks i have a bush hog back hoe so i agree with ed king for the money i am happy. as for resale i plan on taking it with me /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gifed i didn't get any hats /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif check out their web sight www.longagri.com/
good luck EDT.

/ Long Tractors? #10  
You guys and your free hats are really starting to tick me off. I didn't get ANY hats. I did get a couple of used pens and 2 t-shirts. But no hats. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif